This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 5/28/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 5/28/11

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week in Review 5/28/11

My second week in review, and I think I am hooked!  I love the idea of sharing ideas from other sites that I have bookmarked and am excited to try.  There are SO many bloggers out there, it is great to get introduced to new ones all the time.  I am going to have to start running more with all the good ideas I see out there!  Good thing I am thinking about training for another 1/2 marathon. 

We went out to dinner last night to celebrate my son finishing Kindergarten and doing such a good job.  He got this balloon and the restaurant.  Is this not the coolest balloon EVER!  And we didn't even go to a kids restaurant!  We went to the only place in town that we could get Fish and Chips from the kids menu!



So here is what I have been up to this week! 
Salsa - A great canned tomato recipe for when fresh tomatoes aren't in season yet.
Baked Wontons - Crispy, yummy healthy wontons!
Guacamole - My standard go to recipe.
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins - Great combination of fruit for a perfect spring muffin.
Caramel Layer Bars - Chocolate brownie with a layer of gooey caramel.
Chicken Skewers with Avocado Sauce - Grilled chicken with a cool avocado dipping sauce.

Recipes I have bookmarked, and can't wait to try!
Cinnamon Roll Muffins from The Baker Chick - these are just an amazing idea!
Soft Caramel Popcorn from In Katrina's Kitchen - this is just impressive!
Grilled Pork Tenderloin from Diethood - I love pork tenderloin, and the marinade here sounds wonderful!
Blueberry Buckle from Tracey's Culinary Adventures - my son loves blueberry muffins, this look like a great alternative!


Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  Anyone have any great plans?  What are you making?  Mine are still a little up in the air - Going to a 3 year old's birthday party this afternoon though!

14 Comments:

At May 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM , Anonymous Katrina {In Katrina's Kitchen} said...

Hey! I was just popping over here from my blogger dashboard because I saw you had a new post...little did I know that I would be here?! How cool was that? Thanks! ;)

 
At May 28, 2011 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Erin said...

As soon as I get paper bags, I am trying your popcorn thing out! My son LOVES popcorn, so it will be a great snack this summer!

 
At May 29, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Blogger sasha said...

Hi there! Visiting from the FNF bloghop. Awesome blog! I am a new follower ;) Please stop by Diaper Style Memoirs and follow back :) Check out and enter the amazing Honeycup Giveaway while you're there!

Inessa
Diaper Style Memoirs

 
At May 29, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Great new feature on your blog! Such nice exposure for other bloggers...and I'm always certain to find a yummy recipe I missed (didn't miss the caramel brownies, though, yum!)

 
At May 29, 2011 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Denise said...

New public follower here from Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. Nice blog. I would appreciate you following back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I would also appreciate if you would like me in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and in twitter @DeniseLillaRose. I always follow back. Just leave me a note so I know you stopped by.

 
At May 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Chris's Gourmet Fashion said...

Just stopped by to tell you that you have some awards waiting for you by my fruit salad http://www.gourmetfashion.net/2011/05/spring-fruit-salad-bowl.html

 
At May 30, 2011 at 7:15 AM , Anonymous BakerbyNature said...

All of those recipes look fantastic; you must have been busy this week!

Your son, and his balloon are adorable.

 
At May 30, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger S.Greiner said...

Great blog! I'm stopping by via voiceBoks!! Love your blog and I'm one of your newest followers! Feel free to stop by www.alwaysjustamom.blogspot.com!

Have a great Memorial Day!!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Jill@MadAboutMacarons said...

That IS a cool balloon. No wonder he is so happy. Great round-up of recipes and hope you're having a great weekend.

 
At May 30, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Gina Jacobs Thomas said...

GREAT balloon! My kids went with Daddy a week ago to IHOP for breakfast, and got something very similar. Amazing what folks can do with latex and a little hot air!
Visiting from voiceBoks!
Gina
www.totallyfullofit.com

 
At May 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

What a cutie! That balloon creation is wonderful. How fun for him to get that at a special dinner just for him!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger wendyweekendgourmet said...

Thanks for popping by to comment on my ramped-up carbonara! I'm your newest follower, BTW. I'm not doing much today...other than relaxing. I'm not even cooking anything fancy -- husband requested chili dogs for dinner!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Victoria said...

I like your week in review :) What a fun idea. And congrats to your son for doing so well in school! Hope you had a nice weekend!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

The kabobs look goooooodddd!
I am following you via the Memorial Day Finding New Friends Weekend blog Hop. Please stop by my blog and say hello. I am your newest GFC follower

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home