This Page

has been moved to new address

Salsa

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Salsa

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Salsa



My husband and I LOVE Salsa!  For years we have grown tomatoes and peppers, so we could make fresh from the garden salsa.  It has kind of become our "thing" when we go to group get togethers.  We always bring the salsa.  We have quite a few different ones me like, and I am sure they will make an appearance on here as the summer moves on.  But in Iowa tomatoes are not fresh yet.  So what are you do to when you want fresh salsa, but have no fresh tomatoes.  Use canned!

This salsa comes together super fast, and tastes wonderful.  Even though you are using canned tomatoes you do not get that "jar" flavor.  I use jarred salsa for things when cooking, but to just eat - I can't do it.  I used to, but then about 12 years ago my husband introduced me to the world of fresh salsa, and I haven't turned back since. 

Salsa
Printable Recipe

1 large can whole tomatoes
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 - 2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 jalapeno, minced

Put everything into the food processor.  I like the mince the jalapeno ahead of time.  Just helps to make sure you don't have big chunks.  Process until smooth.  Done!  I told you it was super easy! 



Make sure you taste for seasoning.  If you like it hot, add more jalapeno.  These amounts are estimates, because we usually just dump - so adjust to your liking.  Store in an air tight container in the fridge, lasts for 1-2 weeks.


8 Comments:

At May 22, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Steph said...

my children LOVE LOVE LOVE salsa!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! Happy Sunday!!!

 
At May 22, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks and sounds delicious. I'm relatively new to your blog so I've been poking about. I'm glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here adn I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

 
At May 22, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anna said...

Oh Erin...lucky you with a garden, I have a tomato plant in a vase on my balcony, but so far nothing...I look everyday and nope...zero... sigh*** Your salsa looks very fresh. Liked the sombrero. :-)

 
At May 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I love salsa, but I'm happy just buying it in a jar or stopping by the local restaurant. Your recipe does sound good.

Stopping by from VoiceBok!

 
At May 22, 2011 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your salsa sounds so very very flavorful! Yum! Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog! :)

 
At May 23, 2011 at 2:41 AM , Blogger Mehjabeen Arif said...

This sounds really flavorful.. love it..

New to your space and Happy to follow u :)

Do visit mine as time permits
http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

 
At May 23, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Kate@Diethood said...

Your salsa sounds yummylicious! I like the addition of jalapeno... that's the perfect kick!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

My family loves salsa..this sounds like a great recipe..I like that spices are in powder,because my kids don't like chunks..thanks for the inspiration!
Have a happy Monday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home