This Page

has been moved to new address

Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins




Guess what?!?!?!  I am now a Featured Publisher with Foodbuzz (check it out on the right)!!  Super excited to start this journey, and see where it leads.

Now to the muffins....
In case you missed it, rhubarb season arrived a couple weeks ago, and everyone in the food blogging world has been posting recipes like crazy.  I am kind of late in the game here, but this is my requisite rhubarb recipe.  I did make it a week ago, but am just getting around to writing it.  I have very limited rhubarb experience, and am not sure how much I actually like it. I know, gasp!  I had a strawberry rhubarb pie years ago, but that had ice cream or whip cream and lots of strawberries, so not sure that is fair.  And I also made strawberry rhubarb jelly a few years ago, but that had tons of sugar and I think there was even jello in it.  So these muffins, that were really full of rhubarb, I am not sure what to think.  Very tart.  I did give them to someone who likes rhubarb, and she said they were great - so makes me wonder about my taste for rhubarb. 

I don't know where this recipe came from.  I printed it a LONG time ago, but it doesn't have a site, or name on it. 

Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
Printable Recipe

1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup minced rhubarb
1/2 cup sliced strawberries

Topping
3 Tbls brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine egg, milk, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Add flour, sugar, baking powder.  Mix.

 

Fold in the strawberry and rhubarb.  Fill greased or lined muffin tins.



Sprinkle the topping over each muffin.  Ok - you will see that I have a strawberry on top of each muffin.  The recipe called for this - leave it off!  I repeat - LEAVE IT OFF!!!  It looks pretty, but it is just a soggy mess.  You could put one on after they bake for serving, but baking a whole strawberry just leaves is mushy and kind of gross. 



Bake at 400 degrees for about 16 minutes.  Enjoy!


This recipe is linked to Taking Time for Mommy

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Oh Erin this sounds so delicious, and looks like a great muffins! I would love one right now for my late breakfast hahaha
Thanks for sharing sweetie and have a wonderful the rest of the day!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart rhubarb. I am thrilled to see all these great rhubarb recipes! Lovely muffins.
BTW, this is Carolyn from All Day I Dream ABout Food. Having issues logging in to Blogger!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

Rhubarb and strawberries is one of my favorite fruit combinations. I love how pretty those muffins turned out with the sliced strawberry baked into the top.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 11:44 AM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

I like most muffins, but these a so packed with delicious fruit they really got my attention. Nice post, glad I stopped by.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Book Lover said...

This looks absolutely delicious!! I will have to try them.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, yum! My rhubarb crop is long gone, but I bet I can find some at the farmers' market...these look fabulous!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Erin, these sound so good. I know they taste as good as they look and I think they look delicious. Congratulations on becoming a featured publisher. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

 
At May 25, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Diethood.com said...

Congrats!! I too just joined Foodbuzz... I think it's been 2 weeks! :)

Love the muffins! Rhubarb and strawberries are such a perfect marriage!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Tiffanee said...

Love the strawberry combination. These look and sound delicious.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Anonymous Priscilla - ShesCookin said...

Congrats on becoming a Featured Publisher with Foodbuzz - let the journey begin :) Strawberries and rhubarb are a natural pairing - the strawberries offset the tartness of the rhubarb and most rhubarb recipe include a lot of sweetener for that reason -so it's not you!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Anonymous Jenny @ Savour the Senses said...

Congrats on being a Featured Publisher! These look too delicious!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

so hungry!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home