This Page

has been moved to new address

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Friday, May 20, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies



If you have ever wondered if there was a way to add more calories and make a more delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie - I have the answer for you.  It is a resounding YES!!  Thanks to everyone in the blogosphere who have published cookies like this on their site, I couldn't resist.  You take an Oreo, and surround it with cookie dough, bake, and then you have the most delicious cookie! 

My son came home from school, and I let him have one for his snack.  He wanted to know what it was inside there.  I wouldn't tell him, I wanted to see his face when he figured it out.  It was pure joy on a 6 year olds face.  WHAT?!?!  An Oreo is in here?!  He was so excited, he had chocolate practically from ear to ear (these cookies are HUGE).  He took one in his lunch the next day to school, and all the kids were amazed by his cookie.  He said he got a lot of "How did your Mom DO that?!"  So without further ado....the recipe.


Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie
Printable Recipe

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup crisco shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag chocolate chips
Oreos

This is a pretty standard chocolate chip cookie recipe.  The one main difference is most cookies call for 2 sticks of butter, instead of the shortening.  I grew up with these cookies, it was always how my mom made them.  It wasn't until I met my husband that he questioned why I put shortening in a cookie.  I had never looked at another recipe to know that I did it differently.  I think this makes a much softer, chewier cookie.  I think they stay moist longer, and I just like it better.  So if you are feeling daring, go out on a limb and try your next batch of chocolate chip cookies this way - you will not be disappointed!  Sorry, got side tracked.



Cream butter and sugar together.  Add in the eggs and vanilla.  Mix in the flour and baking soda and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Then comes the magic.  Take a ball of cookie dough and place it on a cookie sheet.  Top with an Oreo.  Then take another ball of dough and place that on stop of the Oreo. 



Then squish the dough all around the Oreo - so it looks like a big glob of cookie dough.



Bake at 350 for about 14 minutes.  It will take a little longer than it normally would to bake a chocolate chip cookie.  When it comes out of the oven, oh my word is it good.  I was thinking I would let it cool a little before I tried it, not sure what the Oreo would do in the baking process.  But I couldn't wait, and it was delicious.  Now if you want to go all out - use a Double Stuffed Oreo!!! 

Labels: , , ,

28 Comments:

At May 20, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

What a great idea!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Gina Jacobs Thomas said...

OMG, that looks heavenly. I have to try that out. It's almost like a deep fried oreo! I'm a new follower here. BTW, have you checked out voiceBoks? It's a great community of mommy bloggers, some of them with great palates that would devour recipes like this!

Cheers,
Gina
www.totallyfullofit.com

 
At May 20, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow. I don't think I've ever wanted a cookie more than I want this one. I'm going to have to try this. Yum!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad I am trying to lose the weight, I could eat one of these badboys right now! Good recipe for my grand-babies though!

Following you from VoiceBoks!~Lisa
I am all a twitter about life

 
At May 20, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hopping by from voiceboks.com

And I am soooooo gonna hook up the family with this. Oh yeah....yummy :)

Sharon
www.sharon-moms-madhouse.com

 
At May 20, 2011 at 12:16 PM , Anonymous Amy said...

Oh My Goodness. This recipe is so not fair!! I am a huge Oreo cookie addict, and I think I would absolutely love these. I am definitely going to try them.

Thank you so much for sharing.

 
At May 20, 2011 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is so cute! My kids will love these, they will be so much fun to make with them. Thanks for a great idea! Have a great weekend! (I love that the kids in your son's class wanted to know how you did that! Perfect!)

 
At May 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Those would be such a huge hit in my house. All of my kids love both oreos and chocolate chips cookies. Combining them would be the ultimate cookie!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Anonymous Jana said...

These look SO decadent. MMMMmmmm! Thanks for sharing!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Erin said...

We made these too - deadly they were so good! Yours look great!!!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous Kate@Kate from Scratch said...

These look absolutely awesome. MY kids two favorite cookies combined! Wow...I wonder what they would do for one of those...I should make them as positive reinforcement (aka bribery).

 
At May 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Anonymous claudia lamascolo said...

I have never seen anything like these they look fantastic.. thanks for visiting Blogs Got Heart~

 
At May 20, 2011 at 10:22 PM , Anonymous Kate@Diethood said...

These have to be ammmmmazing!! I saw these popping up everywhere a couple of months ago and I have been thinking about them ever since... I need to make them asap!

 
At May 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM , Anonymous sheila @ Elements said...

What can I say but WOW!!! That's one heck of a cookie! I'm not surprised your son loved them and that his classmates were envious of his prized possession!! They look wonderful, and I wish I could bite into one right now! :)

 
At May 21, 2011 at 5:05 AM , Blogger PFx said...

Wow! You are such a 'COOL' mum!
I still remember when my Korean mum made a special sushi (as to the same ole sushi) for my school. Greatest lunch time in second grade ever!

 
At May 21, 2011 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Angie's Recipes said...

I didn't know I could use oreo this way...very creative and they look delicious too.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 6:13 AM , Anonymous jill@MadAboutMacarons said...

I've never seen anything like this. Truly amazing. I can just imagine the look on your 6-yr-old's face; too funny! Oh, I must try and surprise the kids with this one for a bday party. Fabulous idea!

 
At May 21, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Heather @girlichef said...

Awesome...I know my kiddos would go bonkers for these!

 
At May 21, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Steph said...

Hi! Welcome to vBoks! Following you via GFC and like you on FB. Stop by my neck of the woods when you have time. Those cookies you made look soooo deadly! Might just have to make them myself (and eat half a dozen or so)to ensure they are as good as they look before serving them to guests... you know, it's the polite thing to do. ;) Have a great weekend!

 
At May 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey do you have any left of those?!

Visiting again from VoiceBoks!~Lisa
I am all a twitter about life

 
At May 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

Can you find any other two best things in the world to combine? I doubt it! Can't wait to try these!

Found you at vB. So glad I did!

 
At May 21, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Gourmantine said...

Oh yes please! Cookies with cookies, this looks soooo indulgent, but definitely worth it :)

 
At May 21, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger briarrose said...

Cookie in a cookie...I love this plan. The richer it is...the happier I am. ;) Wonderful treat.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anne said...

Wow...never thought about "stuffing" cookies before. But you know...the possibilities are endless here. Hmmmmm. (Would have loved to have seen the look on your son's face!!) : )

 
At May 22, 2011 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Kerry SewPizazzed.com said...

Definitely making these for the boys. I also have a 6 year old and an almost 3 year old. Following you from VoiceBoks.

Kerry http://milestonesoffaith.blogspot.com/

 
At May 22, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Five Foot Mama said...

Oh my goodness... I better NEVER try that or they'll have to bring in a crane to get me out of my house! Haha!

I'm following you through the voiceboks blog hop. I am currently running my very first giveaway for a baby blanket. I would love if you would enter it to either keep for yourself or give to a friend! I hope you'll check it out!

 
At May 22, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Five Foot Mama said...

Sorry- forgot my blog url! http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-ever-giveaway-plus-review-of.html

 
At May 26, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Erin, I think I have 4 family members who would gobble up a whole batch of these in an instant! Great recipe :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home