This Page

has been moved to new address

Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce

Monday, June 6, 2011

Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce


I love meatballs!  Doesn’t really matter what kind of meat it is, I just love meatballs.  Unfortunately my husband doesn’t share my passion for balls of meat.  Not really sure why, what is not to love.   I sneak them in sometimes, trying different versions hoping to find one that does it for him.  Most are Italian based, and maybe that is where I went wrong.  I have tried a couple Mexican versions, but they have turned out bland.  So when I saw this Asian version in Everyday with Rachael Ray I was excited!  Why didn’t I think of this sooner?   Needless to say, Racheal came through for me on this one.  He liked them, and he said he would like it if I made them again!!  I will change the sauce next time,  but the ball itself was perfect! 

These were written with a Sweet Peanut Sauce, which is what I made.  It was good, but next time I am going to do a Spicy Peanut Sauce.  I was hoping that my son would eat these as well, and like the sauce, so I didn’t want to spice it up the first time.  Next time, I will do some of each. 

Chicken  Meatballs with a Sweet Peanut Sauce
Recipe from Everyday with Rachael Ray

1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated onion
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 Tbls Canola Oil
¼ cup peanut butter
2 Tbls Soy Sauce
3 Tbls Sugar
2 Tbls Sesame Oil
Chopped Peanuts for garnish


Mix chicken, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.  Roll into about 1 inch balls.  Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Cook the meatballs until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes.  

 

While they are cooking, you can make the sauce.  Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.  Microwave for few seconds to get it warm.  Stir together. 

 

Toss the meatballs with half of the sauce, reserving the other ½ for dipping.  Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts. 


Serve on toothpicks with the remaining sauce!  


Labels: , , , , , , ,

26 Comments:

At June 6, 2011 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous In Katrina's Kitchen said...

ooh! I love chicken meatballs but I've never had them with a yummy sauce like this!!

 
At June 6, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Anonymous Chad @ thebreakupnote said...

We both made peanut sauce! Awesome!

OOOh this looks really good...

 
At June 6, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Ohh woww..I never had meatballs with peanut butter, but sounds so delicious, and of course look fantastic!!!

 
At June 6, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Deborah said...

Oh my goodness -I have to try this one! I know we'd love it. Thanks for participating in Saturdays with Rachael Ray!!

 
At June 6, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the chicken meatball idea but think I'd have to do a soy/ginger sauce instead of peanut. We've learned that we don't like peanut sauce, unfortunately. The chicken meatballs though; those look fantastic.

 
At June 6, 2011 at 4:31 PM , Anonymous Belinda @zomppa said...

I LOVE meatballs too. Pretty much...any kind. Loving this one and this sauce for sure!

 
At June 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anne said...

I am with you, Erin! I love ANY variety of meatballs! These look delicious! : )

 
At June 6, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

This sounds like a great combo of flavors! Thanks for a great idea Erin!

 
At June 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

I'd love to dip my finger in that peanut sauce right about now! :D

 
At June 6, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Chris's Gourmet Fashion said...

Your result looks just amazing. They look so good (even though I have to admit I would have to swap the peanut butter for a different ingredient - peanut butter is one of those things that you either love or hate ... I'm neutral, but no one in my family loves it) - I love your idea of turning the chicken into meatballs.

 
At June 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM , Anonymous kitchenarian said...

The sauce sounds great, but I love the idea of a spicy sauce too. I need to try this soon. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 5:56 AM , Anonymous Carolyn said...

Fantastic! Love meatballs, love peanut sauce, great recipe.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

Is it dinner time yet? I've been looking for a soy sauce substitute, I may not be able to wait until then to make these. they look too good.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

I love meatballs too and lucky for me so do my kids and husband. Great Job. These look fantastic. : ) PS.. I agree, a spicy peanut sauce would be better with these.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, these look delish...what flavorful meatballs! And so many great sauce options...I'm not sure which to try first :)

 
At June 7, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I love meatballs too, but never had them with peanut sauce! Looks delicious!!!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM , Anonymous Kate@Diethood said...

I am also a huge fan of meatballs. Actually, I love anything that is bite-size! :) I'm with you on the spicy peanut sauce...the sweet sauce would be too much for me.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Holly Henry said...

This looks awesome Erin! I recently posted a peanut sauce recipe too....I guess great minds think alike.:) My husband will love this ! Thanks for sharing :)

Holly

 
At June 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) said...

I love all meatballs, but especially the really creative variations! This is awesome and I cannot wait to try them!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 5:59 AM , Anonymous the constant hunger said...

Never would think to pair meatballs with peanut sauce. I'm intrigued!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 12:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look amazing!
I love meat balls too and this is just too good to miss

 
At June 10, 2011 at 10:18 AM , Blogger My Little Space said...

I have to bookmarked this, Erin. It's awesome. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day.
Kristy

 
At June 11, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Krissy said...

Erin, these looks so good. I may try them with the spicy peanut sauce used in the noodle bowl I have posted. I use light coconut milk as the base, a ton of fresh garlic and hot pepper flakes along with some soy. Happy you found a ball your husband can live with :)

 
At June 12, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Blogger PolaM said...

These look so incredibly good! Perfect finger food for a party!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Shu Han said...

I like the idea of chicken meatballs instead of the usual grilled chicken skewers with a peanut sauce! I've got another great peanut sauce recipe if you'd like to try another, it's a traditional singapore/malaysia satay peanut sauce!

http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/07/tut-tut-satay-singapore-chicken-satay.html

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Wow these are so neat and sound delicious

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home