This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 6/4/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 6/4/11

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week in Review 6/4/11

This has been a short but very busy week!  It was our first week of summer break, and we did a few fun things.  I managed to get one of my pictures featured on Tastespotting and Food Gawker in the same day!  And now, we are in Wisconsin visiting family!  Just waiting for a sensible hour and then we can go across the street (yes my parents and my in-laws live across the street from each other) to see my sister in-law and her kids.  My son is so excited to see his cousins.  They live in Florida, so we don't get to see them often. 


So here is what I was up to this week:
Pavlova - a light meringue topped with whipped cream and strawberries
Oreo Muffins - Oreo's for breakfast?
BBQ Ribs - Smokey, Saucy baby back ribs
Peanut Butter Cups - my version of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup


Here are a few things I have bookmarked from other blogs this week:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies from RecipeGirl - these just look amazing, and combine 2 of my favorite things!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte by Making Memories with Your Kids - this looks just plain sinful, and my husband will love this!
Chili Compound Butter by Scarletta Bakes - We love things spicy, and grow plenty of peppers, this will be a great use for them.
Chocolate Waffles by Squirrel Bakes - My son will think this is great to switch up breakfast and make these!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I am sorry if I am a little MIA over the next few days - just having fun with my nieces!

5 Comments:

At June 4, 2011 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

Congrats on TS and FG! That is no small feat. Well at least not for me.

 
At June 4, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for adding our Torte to your list! I hope you love it!!!

 
At June 5, 2011 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I must check out that pavlova recipe. Pavlova is one of my favorites!

 
At June 5, 2011 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Wow your parents and your in-laws live across street from each other? It's nice you can visit them at once! Congrats on FG and TS! It's very hard to get in... but when our pictures are accepted it makes us very happy. :-)

 
At June 5, 2011 at 11:53 PM , Blogger KEcker said...

Erin, congrats on getting your pic in both TS & FG! I know how good it feels to get in and how bad it feels to get rejected. FG accepted my duck egg post, but TS rejected it for "not enough add'l info"...huh, what...lol

Your peanut butter cups looks delicious! I'm not very good with baking and sweets, but I may have to try it sometime soon.

Enjoy your getaway! Kay

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home