This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 6/18/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 6/18/11

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week in Review 6/18/11

Happy Father's Day!!  Does anyone have any great Father's Day plans this weekend?  I am not sure the weather is going to cooperate here for anything outdoors, we will have to see.  I do know that we will be making my Barbeque Ribs on Sunday, along with some Coleslaw.  We are going to have a family movie day, and eat some popcorn as well.  The rest we will have to see what the weather will do.  It has been a busy week, as I was overly ambitious with my Father's Day present, or I procrastinated....however you want to look at it.  But I had a great idea come Wednesday, and probably should have had that idea about a week ago. Oh well, all is good!  I hope all the Dad's out there have a wonderful Father's Day!

Here is a not flattering picture of me - But I am with my Dad and my husband - my 2 favorite Dad's.  This was my Dad's first hike to the top of a mountain!



This is what I was up to this week:
Honey Oat Bread - a bread that involved no kneading, but is light and delicious
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars - Chocolate Chip Cookies meet Cheesecake - yum!
Kids Lunch Ideas - A Mom's Guide to happy kids all summer
Homemade Milky Way - Great candy, you can make at home!
Pistachio Ice Cream - Best ice cream ever!  And my first GIVEAWAY

This is what has caught my eye this week:
Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken by A Spicy Perspective - this looks like a great blend of spices for grilled chicken!
S'mores Blondies by Vittles and Bits - S'mores and blondies...enough said!
Whole Wheat Pasta with Pistachio Pesto by Jul's Kitchen - Pistachio's are my husbands favorite!
Lingerie Cookies by Cherry Tea Cakes - these are just too cute!  Wish I had a reason to attempt them.
Strawberry Banana Puff Pastry Donuts by Cooking with Chrissy - puff pastry turned into a donut - love it!

Hope you have a great weekend!  Enjoy your day Dads!!

6 Comments:

At June 18, 2011 at 7:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! I love that you share what you want to do and who caught your eye! I love the pic of you and your guys! Enjoy your weekend!

 
At June 18, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Kate @Kate from Scratch said...

Aw, wonderful picture and post! I hope you and your family have a very happy father's day. Enjoy!

 
At June 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger The Harried Cook said...

Hi :) Thanks for stopping by my blog & entering the giveaway! I love your blog... you have some awesome stuff going on! And congrats on your first giveaway too! :) I am not eligible for it, so I won't comment there, but that pistachio ice cream looks so good! I will be back for more :)

 
At June 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Baking Serendipity said...

I love hiking with my dad and husband :) And your recipe line-up!

 
At June 19, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Hope you and your family had a great father's day!!!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 1:32 AM , Blogger Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

BBQ ribs and coleslaw along with a family movie time sounds like a perfect way to celebrate father's day. I also made the puff pastries and posted last week. It was REALLY good. You have to make them for sure!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home