This Page

has been moved to new address

Summer Slaw and a Slew of Awards! Take Two

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Summer Slaw and a Slew of Awards! Take Two

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer Slaw and a Slew of Awards! Take Two




With blogger going down for awhile on Thursday this post was lost in cyberspace.  I did have the bulk of it stored elsewhere, so I can repost most of it.  The rest I will have to try to piece together. 

Summer is a busy time of year for everyone.  I always go into summer thinking we don't have that much planned, then the next thing I know summer is over, and almost every weekend was full!  Not sure how it happens, it just does.  With only 11 days left of school (oh my, not sure if I am ready for that), summer is almost here.  This has been a crazy week for weather here in Iowa.  It feels like July 4th weekend with the heat and humidity, not the spring weather that makes living in Iowa acceptable.  Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come!

This slaw recipe is a good one.  It is lighter, and just more summer friendly.  It is a vinegar and oil slaw - no mayo!  I think I have mentioned before how picky my family is.  This is one of very few veggies I can get my husband to eat.  And boy does he eat this!  And it takes about 2 minutes to put together, so you can't really go wrong.  It is great for summer BBQ's, and potlucks where food will be sitting out for awhile.  You don't have to worry about the mayo going bad.

Summer Slaw
Printable Recipe

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbls sugar
2 Tbls Canola Oil
1 bag coleslaw mix
1 tsp salt
Pepper

Mix the vinegar and the sugar together.



Whisk in the oil.



Add the coleslaw mix, salt, and a little pepper.



Toss to combine.




Let sit for about 20 minutes, for the flavors to combine before you serve.  Store any leftovers in the fridge, just as good the next day.

 
 
 
Next Up......The Awards 
This was not backed up - so I have to try to piece together who I gave the awards to.  If I missed adding you to this post, but I notified you - just let me know and I will go back and add your link.  I really don't want to shortchange anyone here - sorry!

I want to say a huge Thank You to Whiski Business who gave me these awards in the first place.  She is a relatively new blogger like myself, and has an amazing site.  She has already made the Top 9 - something I aspire to make....someday!  If you have not checked out her blog, you should!

If you received this award, you then need to pass it on to a few other worthy bloggers.  I think it was 10 people I was supposed to pass it on to. Link back to who gave it to you, saying something nice about them!  









Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At May 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That slaw looks good, Erin. I think I might even try to make it :) For future, you might want to type up your entry in Word, save it and then transfer it to Blogger so you don't have to retype everything. Great job on the blog, you deserve the awards!
Shannon

 
At May 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous Chad @ thebreakupnote said...

I love how simple this is - excellent job!

 
At May 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Farrah said...

Thank you so much for the award! That is actually my first award :) I'm flattered! Loving your blog <3

 
At May 15, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Heather S-G said...

Mmmm...delicious! I love tangy slaw and the red wine vinegar is a great addition.

 
At May 17, 2011 at 8:40 AM , Blogger The Country Cook said...

Hi Erin!! Sorry I'm so late responding. I'm finally starting to get caught up on everything since we got back from being outta town. First of all, let me say I have loved looking at all your recipes. You have so many good ones up here. I really love this cole slaw recipe. Your family sounds so much like mine! My hubby is probably pickier than my 5 year old!
Thank you so much for the award! You are just so sweet to even think of me. I feel honored! ;o)

 
At May 18, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Alexandra said...

Thanks Erin! I'm hoping to find some time to catch up on my blogging...both the ones I follow and my own. But I know for sure that you've got some great recipes here that I can't wait to try!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home