This Page

has been moved to new address

My First Award!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: My First Award!!

Friday, May 6, 2011

My First Award!!


I have had my blog for less than a month, and I have received my first Award - I am so excited!!!!  I have been having a great time doing this, and can't imagine not doing it now.  To have people I don't know looking at my food is just so cool!  Thanks so much to Free Spirit Eater for giving me The Versatile Blog Award.  We met on a network blogging, and have been following each others sites since.  She has an awesome site!  Great pictures, great recipes, creative ideas, just wonderful.  She also shares my love for Nutella, so how can you now like her?! 

So as part of my acceptance of this award, some rules do apply (this goes for all who receive this award as well). You must thank the person who awarded you by linking back to their post, you have to say 7 things about yourself, and last but certainly not least, you have to pass the award down to 15 other new or newly discovered blogs.

1.  I am a runner - I try to run at least 3-4 miles, 4 times a week.  This is relatively new.  Until 3 years ago, I HATED running!
2.  I do not like cheese.
3.  I am addicted to chocolate.  Really, I think if it were a medical problem, I would have it.  I need something chocolate after each meal - even if it is just a Hershey Kiss.  But it is torture to not have it.
4.  We just went to New Zealand for 2 weeks, and it was awesome!!!
5.  I was born in MN, moved to WI when I was 10, moved back to MN after college, and now live in IA. But, I would move to CO at the drop of a hat, if the opportunity arose.
6.  I am New Years Baby.  I was due on the 31st, and to this day my Dad says I owe him because he missed the tax deduction because I was late.
7.  I met my husband when I was 15.  I was a sophomore in high school, he was a senior. 

Versatile Award Blog Winners
Because I am new to blogging, most blogs are new to me!

Apple a Day
Flour Dusted
What's Cooking?
Forgiving Martha
That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Simple Quintessential Cuisine
4 The Love of Feasting
Whiski Buisness
Sandra's Easy Cooking
From My Sweet Heart
Cooking With Chrissy
Deelicious Sweets
The Comfort of Cooking
Kneady Sweetie
The Three Little Piglets

20 Comments:

At May 6, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can you not like cheese? and you're from Wisconsin for pete's sake!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Congratulations on your award Erin, and thanks for passing it along to me! Have a great weekend! :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award, that's so sweet of you! Congrats to you as well :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Anonymous Kneady Sweetie said...

Thank you so much for the award! You are so sweet! I am new to blogging as well so getting a blog award is still so exciting to me!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 6:36 PM , Blogger briarrose said...

Congratulations!

Thank you for thinking of me. So sweet of you. :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on your award! you deserve it =]

 
At May 6, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Annie Oakley's Kitchen said...

Congrats on the award! It was great to learn a bit about ya!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Congratulations, Erin!!! This is the first of many blog awards...I'm just certain! And thanks so much for passing it along to me...I just love being honored by other bloggers...the ultimate compliment.

Have a great weekend!!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Chef Dennis Littley said...

congratulations on your award Erin! its very nice to meet you!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger  birdie to be said...

Congrats on your award! How exciting!!!

www.birdietobe.blogspot.com

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

Congrats on the award Erin..and thank you so much for awarding me!!!I feel honored and happy!!! Thank you so much!
Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Christine's Pantry said...

Congrats!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Kim - Liv Life said...

Congratulations on your award!! From what I've seen it's totally deserved. My family is from MN too! But I was born in CA, and am still there. I'm with you on the chocolate! I go through choc chips like there is no tomorrow!!

 
At May 7, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Congratulations on your first award and thanks for passing it along to me. How thoughtful of you!

 
At May 7, 2011 at 12:48 PM , Anonymous Anne said...

Congratulations Erin! I love your blog and you really deserve this award! : )

 
At May 8, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Thanks for the Award Erin!!

 
At May 9, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Holly Henry said...

Congratulations on your award Erin! You have a wonderful blog and its no surprise you're receiving recognition for your work :)
Thank you so much for passing you award on to me. I am new blogger myself and this is very meaningful to me! I so appreciate this and am humbled by your recognition.

I look forward to our continued sharing!

Best,

Holly

 
At May 10, 2011 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the award! Isn't it so exciting :) Thanks for passing it my way <3

 
At May 11, 2011 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Holly Henry said...

Hi Erin, wondering if you could provide some instruction. I am trying pass along the award to others, yet I can not seem to get the award to copy and paste into the post box. There must be trick I'm not aware of. Any insight you can share would be most appreciated :)

Holly

 
At May 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Becka (The Elegant Eggplant) said...

congrats on your award erin!!! i am a new blogger too and i love your site so far, keep up the good work...

check out mine too when you have a chance.. maybe we can swap some tips!

www.theeleganteggplant.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home