This Page

has been moved to new address

Churros

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Churros

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Churros


Deep fried dough covered in cinnamon and sugar.....yyyuuuummmm!

Seems like a lot of work to recreate a home though, right? That is until I came across Forgiving Martha!  She had the genius idea of using puff pastry dough!!  Really, puff pastry dough?  Accessible at any grocery store (except of course when I want it Target was out and I had to go elsewhere), super fast, super easy, a little healthier than deep fried dough, but still oh so delicious.  I saw these and I just had to make them to top off our Cinco De Mayo dinner

They did live up to her pictures of them (which are beautiful) as well.  As my son said "This is like going to Taco Bell tonight"  Which coming from him I took as a huge compliment. 

Oven-Baked Churros
Recipe from Forgiving Martha
Printable Recipe

1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1/4 sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup melted butter


Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.  Unfold the thawed Puff Pastry.  Cut into about 1 inch strips.  Put strips onto a lined or lightly greased baking sheet.  Brush the tops with melted butter.  Bake for 8-10 minutes. 

 
Mix the cinnamon and sugar together on a plate or tray.  Once the pastry comes out of the oven, brush them again with melted butter.  Then roll them in the sugar to coat.  I ended up breaking them in half, so I could coat them easier.  Not nearly as pretty as Forgiving Martha's, but they tasted great!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At May 7, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Jill | Dulce Dough said...

I love that these are made out of puff pastry! They look great!

 
At May 7, 2011 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Diethood.com said...

OH YUM!!! I love these treats! I wish I had some now.

 
At May 7, 2011 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Ally Lynn said...

How fantastic! I've been looking for a recipe for churros, so thank you! I love that these are so simple to make too :-)

 
At May 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM , Anonymous Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen said...

I love love love churros! Thanks for sharing :)

 
At May 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

These look so tasty! I really love how you made those!
Have a happy Mother's Day!!!

 
At May 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger J E S S said...

So glad you liked this recipe Erin! :) They turned out beautiful!! (And thanks for the special shout-out!)

 
At May 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

Omg! These look and sound amazing - great job! Puff pastry dough is my dear friend as well. I use it to make homemade sticky buns (recipe on the site). I just made them yesterday for Mother's Day and they were sooo yummy. I will have to try these soon! I know my son would gobble them up.

 
At May 10, 2011 at 1:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me by the first line!
these look amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home