This Page

has been moved to new address

Finally Spring

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Finally Spring

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Finally Spring



It is finally starting to feel a little like spring.  It has been a long time coming this year in Iowa.  We went from 80's one weekend, to snowing the next!  And since, it has just been rainy, windy, and cold!  So this weekend when it was finally sunny and in the 60's it was time to celebrate!  Despite the cold the grass has grown, and was in desperate need of mowing.  That meant moving the garage around (move snowblower to the back, lawn mower and bikes to the front).  After all of that, picking up about 500 sticks on the lawn, and finally mowing....it was time for a spring meal.  I was breaking out the grill!  Hamburgers and pasta salad.....can't get any more summer in my mind. 

Now my husband has started to sound like my son "Are you going to blog about hamburgers?  Everyone can make a hamburger at home."  Again, I am sure he is right.  But I am not a chef, I make everyday food.  I do enjoy trying new recipes (quite a few planned for this next week), but we eat normal food, and this blog is about what I cook.  So I will blog about burgers! 

Hamburgers
Printable Recipe

1 pound ground beef (I use 93% lean, because of calories, but more fat = more flavor)
1 Tbls Worchestershire Sauce
1/4 of a small onion
Salt & Pepper



Mix everything together in a bowl.  I like to use a hand-held grater to grate the onion in.  This gives you the advantages of onion (moisture, extra flavor), but you aren't biting down on chunks of onion.  My son won't eat it if he can see them, so this works well for him. Once everything is mixed together, form into patties.  You want to be careful not to over mix the meat.  Form the patties with a well in the middle, so they don't balloon up into balls on the grill. 



Put on a hot grill, for about 10-12 minutes, depending on how done you like them.  We like just a little pink on the inside, so closer to 5 minutes a side.  You can toast the buns on the top rack of the grill, or off to the side for the last few minutes of grilling. 


While they are cooking, get your toppings ready.  I LOVE Avocado's and will use any excuse to eat them.  They are great on burgers.  When I first met my husband he didn't really enjoy Avocado's, but I have converted him!
 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At May 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You make your cheeseburgers as simple as I do. There's no better way! When I read that you were located in Iowa, I felt sorry for you ;) We have some friends in Iowa and the snow you guys got this year is insane! I live in Missouri and I'm still waiting for it to warm up. Come on Springtime!!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Jaimi Czarnezki said...

This looks good. I will try it soon. I hate to admit this, but I do not know how to make hamburgers. The first one I ever made was the turkey burger you posted a few weeks ago and I am not sure that counts. You can let your husband know there is one person out there who does not know how to make a hamburger and you have helped her out. :)

Jaimi

 
At May 4, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks Jaimi! I will have to make our Chicken Burgers soon, so you can have another burger to try! Glad that you are liking my blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home