This Page

has been moved to new address

Taco Cups

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Taco Cups

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Taco Cups



Tonight is the last night in our house.  The movers come tomorrow to load up everything, and then we are on our way to Colorado.  My son’s teacher is throwing him a going away party at school today.  He is very excited for that, but he really is going to miss all of his friends and his teacher.  He is such a sensitive little boy, I feel bad for him today.  It is sad to leave everyone, but what is to come is so exciting.  Unfortunately, at age 6 you just don’t understand that.  He is very excited to get to see Daddy again, and for the separation to be over.  That part has been harder on him than I ever thought it would be. 

In my mission to clean out my kitchen I came up with these little Taco Cups.  I had leftover Wonton Wrappers and Taco Meat.  I thought the Wontons would make a great “shell”.  They didn’t get as crispy as I would have liked, but I think my impatience was the problem there.  There isn’t really a recipe here, so I will just tell you what I did.

I filled muffin tins with 2 wonton wrappers each.  I laid them at angles, so all of the sides were covered.  Spray with nonstick spray, and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.  You have to watch them, so they don’t burn.  Fill with whatever toppings you want!  I picked Taco Meat, Cheese, Guacamole, and Tomatoes.  I mixed the warm taco meat and the cheese together, so the cheese was nice and melted.  You could add in black beans, corn, salsa, black olives...the possibilities are endless!  This made for a quick lunch, so I could get back to packing! 

This would make a fun appetizer for a party too!  You could set up a little “bar” and everyone could pick their own toppings.  I love serving fun, finger foods at parties.  It always seems like everyone has more fun!


Labels: , ,

27 Comments:

At November 10, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Marianne said...

I hope you enjoy Colorado as much as I did, I lived in Pagosa Springs area (SW corner-Wolf Creek Pass) for about 6 yrs, the economy really forced my move back home. I miss the majestic peaks but not the high altitude baking problems, LOL!! Best of the Best in this new adventure!! Thanks for all the recipes and posts!!! Really enjoy your blog!!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Cooking for My Kids said...

What a great idea. Thank you for sharing it!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so cute--a great and creative idea. Have a safe trip!! :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Anonymous Lacy said...

Great idea! They look like yummy taco bites, I don't think I'm ever not in the mood for tacos in any form. Good luck on the big move!! From experience I moved at age 6 also, it was tough at first I was pretty shy but that didn't last long. In all it was a really great thing. :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! They look really adorable too, I bet they'd make great additions to buffets. :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Oh, what an exciting time. I've never been to Colorado, but I hear it is very beautiful.

The taco cups are so cute!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Erin said...

How fun and yummy are these?!?! Good luck with your move!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so creative!!! Good luck with moving Erin!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You guys are going to love Colorado! I can't imagine having to move my kids though. That would be hard. I love this idea for little taco cups. Taco cups are fun to eat! Thanks for sharing and good luck with your move!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

Erin, good luck my dear! These look great. I have made these before and I loved them. Yours look amazing!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Amalia said...

These are so awesome! I love the idea of taco cups, how creative and fun! And good luck with the move, I'm sure it's a ton of work!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM , Anonymous Erin @ {Table for 7} said...

What a great idea! Good luck with your move :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous kristy said...

Enjoy the last night in your home and good luck with the move. Congratulations! Also, I have no doubt your son is sad, but he's going to do just great. We made a big move when my son was five. He had a tough few days and now, he couldn't be happier! And I'm definitely going to make use of this taco idea. I love it!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Delishhh said...

Good luck with the move - it always sucks. Love these little cute cups.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 4:00 PM , Anonymous Nicola @ unhip squirrel said...

What a killer idea. It's percolating.. think of all the awesome things you could do with wonton wrappers and muffin cups. Amazing! I'm totally inspired by your fun taco idea :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Great idea to use wonton wrappers! These look tasty and I like your idea of serving them at a party! Best of you luck to you guys on the big move tomorrow!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Christina @ ovenadventures said...

these look really great. good luck with the move.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

What a great idea with these. I love won-ton wrappers.

I hope the move goes smoothly. Safe travels!!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

Best of luck on the move tomorrow!! I hope everything goes as planned!! You amaze me that you're still cooking and posting with all that's going on. I've been sick for a few days and had to pull from my inventory of recipes that I keep for a rainy day. These taco cups look wonderful... great way to use wontons. I'm definitely trying this one. :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Emily said...

What a great feeling when you have something that needs to be used up and you come up with a fabulous idea. These cups are super cute! I can see myself serving that at a party. Best of luck with the move!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is GREAT! Best of luck with the move and I'll be excited to read posts from your new home!

 
At November 11, 2011 at 2:39 AM , Anonymous Alida said...

What a cute idea! Good luck with your move.

 
At November 11, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome idea!

 
At November 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM , Blogger For My Love of Food said...

These really are a great idea, they look really good!

 
At November 12, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Rumana Rawat said...

Congrats.. awesome idea:)

 
At November 12, 2011 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Chef Dennis Littley said...

what a great idea for the taco cups, using wonton wraps are a great way to serve up these tasty little taco's! Good luck on the move, I hope everything goes well.

 
At November 13, 2011 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous kita said...

Just like your taco pizza - I am still a sucker for all things taco-licious! And these look awesome. I hope everything's going well for your guys! Fingers crossed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home