This Page

has been moved to new address

Chick Fil-A Chicken Nuggets

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Chick Fil-A Chicken Nuggets

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chick Fil-A Chicken Nuggets

Today we finalized some plans for our move to Colorado.  On Friday November 11th the movers will be here to load the truck and start the trek out there.  I am excited to have a plan and get to be a family again!  But, then I realize how much I have to do in the next 10 days, and I start to hyperventilate.  So if I am not around as much, you know why! 

I have mentioned this before, I love Pinterest!  If you are not on there, but want to be let me know and I will send you an invite!  Awhile ago, I found a recipe on Pinterest for Chick Fil-A chicken nuggets.  I have grown up in the Midwest my entire life, so my exposure to Chick Fil-A is very limited.  My sister-in-law lives in Florida, so we go there when we are visiting her.  But really, that is about it.  That being said, I am still a big fan of Chick Fil-A. And really, who doesn’t love the cow commercials?  So I was super excited to try this recipe.  Unfortunately, I didn’t think it lived up to Chick Fil-A (to be completely fair the recipe doesn’t say they taste exactly the same, just close).  They were great, and I will make them again for sure. My 6 year old and I ate all of them!  But, they weren’t Chick Fil-A to me. 

Chick Fil-A Nuggets

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
2 Tbls powdered sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Canola Oil for frying

Trim and cut the chicken into bit sized pieces.  Whisk egg and milk together. Place chicken in milk mixture, and cover. Let stand for 2-4 hours in the fridge.

Place 2 inches of oil into a deep pan.  Heat over medium high heat until the oil is hot (375 degrees).  If you don’t have a thermometer you can see the oil is hot enough by placing the handle of a wooden spoon straight up and down in the center of the pot.  If bubbles start to form around the spoon, your oil is hot and you are ready.

In a zip-lock bag mix together flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from mix, and place in the flour mixture.  Shake to coat.  Put about 8 nuggets into the pan.  It depends on how big your pan is for how many you can fit in.  Just be careful not to overcrowd.  Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown.  Remove chicken and drain on a paper towel.  You could place on a rack in a hot oven to keep them warm if you are making a lot of them. 

Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.  Enjoy!



Labels: , ,

32 Comments:

At November 2, 2011 at 6:25 AM , Anonymous claudia @Whats Cookin said...

Not a fan of fast foods at all but I could eat these bad boys! nice job!!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Steve @ the black peppercorn said...

Living in Canada, I have never had the opportunity to go to Chick-fil-A. I have always wanted to. Pics always look yummy and these nuggets are something I will definitely try. Thanks for posting it.
Also, I hope your move goes well!!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

Those look wonderful. I think there is much more chicken in your version than there is in the stuff you buy!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Jmdx2 said...

Those look really good!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:28 AM , Blogger grubarazzi said...

Yummo!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Chick fil a nuggets are my major weak spot. I LOVE those things!! These sure do have the look of Chick fil a, too bad they're not clones :( But, that just gives me something to work on!! I'd LOVE a pintrest invite, everyone seems to be over there, I need to get on it too :) Thanks!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

They looks pretty darn good to me! My kids love chicken nuggets and these would make them very happy. : ) Congrats on getting the move scheduled. I don't envy you about having to pack. That is not the fun part about moving for sure.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

I have 3 CFA's close to my house and yes I visit them a lot so when I saw this post I slammed on the brakes and backed up. I would love to try these and probably will but thanks for the honest reveiw regarding the similarity.CFA is pretty darn good so I'm thinking it's a top secret recipe! ;)
Take care...

 
At November 2, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

Growing up in upstate NY definitely did not expose me to chik-fil-a. But you would think after 4 years living in Memphis I would've had it a lot by now. Nope, just once. But I was underwhelmed. Maybe it's because I was denied the breakfast sandwich since I was 5 minutes past the end of Breakfast time - silly rules.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

You're missing the peanut oil. Chick Fil-A fries their chicken in peanut oil. But because this doesn't have the peanut oil it's a WIN for me.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

Erin, you have me craving Chick-Fil-A now! These sound amazing, I love the homemade version!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Chick Fil-A is the best! These look way tastier than any frozen chicken nugget, I'm sure healthier too :)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 12:56 PM , Anonymous Lacy said...

Oh My God chick fil-a chicken nuggets are SO amazing! I cannot wait to try this!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am obsessed with Chick-Fil-A, mainly the polynesian sauce. I always make sure to get extra. They recently put a Chick-Fil-A in Hollywood, but I haven't been yet. I'll definitely be making a trip soon though! I know they cook everything in peanut oil there, so that's probably part of the difference in taste. Either way, these look delicious!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Saji said...

They looks delicious than the frozen ones we get in the market

I'm hosting a giveaway. Please see the link for more info
http://thesaji.blogspot.com/2011/11/blogoversary-giveaway.html

 
At November 2, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous janet@cupcakestocaviar said...

Yay on moving!! And completely understandable on not being around as much. I just moved too so I can empathize on the "omg, how do I get this all done!?" part.

As for the nuggets... yum!! I am probably the only person left in the U.S. that hasn't been to Chick Fil-A so I need to give these a try to see what I've been missing :-)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Emily said...

For some reason I always say Chick-A-Fil. Don't know where I picked up on that. It is always a special treat for lunch when I go south.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Love Chick-Fil-A. I like their chicken nuggets because there is not a ton of breading. These do look pretty close to theirs, but either way, I bet they are yummy!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Erin said...

We don't have a Chick-Fil-A here =o( but I'm totally going to give this a try. SOunds great!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:50 PM , Blogger wendyweekendgourmet said...

Good luck with the move, Erin! Sorry I've been a bit absent lately...work has been insane with long hours, so my blogging time has been drastically cut. I'm having to write blog posts during the weekend and schedule them to post during the week. I'm trying to make it by blogs to say hi when I get home in the evenings.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 10:32 PM , Anonymous Denise said...

These look tasty. I watch a couple of boys who love chick fil A. I know that they use peanut oil which may be why yours tasted different but I think canola is better for you.
Hey, I live in Fort Collins, CO. Hope you enjoy living in Colorado! It is a wonderful place to live!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Oh my goodness yum!! These look so delicious..I want a few right now haha

 
At November 2, 2011 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Samantha @ Ferraro Kitchen said...

Ok so kinda funny...everytime I pass by one...I never know how to pronounce it...I'm like..."Chick Fill-Uh"?? hahah It honesttly took me years to get it! Chick Fill-Ay-yeah I'm a dork! lol

 
At November 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM , Anonymous Kimby said...

So great to hear your move is definite... it's hard when things are hanging in the balance. Honk when you drive by! :)

 
At November 3, 2011 at 7:16 PM , Anonymous In Katrina's Kitchen said...

LOOOOVE me some chick-fil-a!! Good luck on your move :)

 
At November 3, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Anonymous kita said...

If I could convince someone I know that cooking is easier and healthier for you than eating out all of the time - he would be all over this!!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Kimberly said...

Hi there! Chick-fil-a uses peanut oil. That could be one reasonthe taste is off. Thanks!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are opening a CFA about 3 miles from me, which is both exciting & terrifying. Ha! I need to stay away from it! :)

 
At November 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger erinlatida said...

Nothing will taste like chick -fil-a unless you can get your hands on a pressure fryer which is like a pressure cooker using hot oil. That's why we can all dream about recreating the taste and will still hunger for the real thing.

 
At November 6, 2011 at 1:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living in the Middle East right now, there are still most fast food chains, but Chick Fil A isn't here. We used to live in Florida and go to chick fil a all the time. We used to let the kids go play in the play area and then have lunch. I'm going to try these soon, I think my kids would really like a taste of home!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the real difference here is that you are not marinating your chicken in dill pickle juice. THAT is the secret to a good Chik-Fil-A knock off. The breading was perfect, and I would definitely use Peanut oil to fry in. But buy the cheapest pickles at the grocery, and use the juice to marinate your chicken before cutting into nuggets.

 
At November 7, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

Chick Fil-A is definitely one of the only fast food restaurants I occasionally visit - and their nuggets are one of my faves! Might have to give this version a try!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home