This Page

has been moved to new address

Taco Pizza

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Taco Pizza

Friday, November 4, 2011

Taco Pizza



Pizza isn't my favorite.  Don't worry, keep reading!  I am still the same blogger you know and love :)  I eat pizza, and enjoy it, but I could also go without it.  Taco Pizza on the other hand, that I love!  Unfortunately my family does not agree with me, so I almost never get it.  For a girls night in, my friend Katie and I have been known to get Taco Pizza from a local place, along with a pack of Budweiser Select.  Only 55 calories a piece.....girl math (counteracts the calories in the pizza).   We may or may not play Just Dance on the Wii as well.  Just one of the things I am really going to miss with moving 800 miles away :(

My 6 year old loves to make pizza at home.  Recently, I got the brilliant idea to make myself Taco Pizza on these nights!  Genius! In the process of cleaning out my freezer, I found a couple balls of Naan dough.  These were the perfect size for our dinner.  My son made his a plain cheese pizza, but I topped mine to the max!  I am so excited to add this to our pizza nights. 


Taco Pizza
Printable Recipe

1 pound pizza dough (recipe found here)
Taco Meat
Refried Beans (optional, I don't use them)
1/4 cup Taco Sauce
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 cup Lettuce, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
1/4 cup Black Olives, chopped
1 cup Nacho Cheese Doritos, crushed

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Roll dough out onto a greased baking tray.  Pierce dough with a fork.  Bake for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven.

Spread Taco Sauce over dough.  If using beans mix them in with the meat.  Spread meat over the sauce.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.  Top with lettuce, tomato, black olives and Doritos.  You can also top with more cheese and serve with additional taco sauce as desired. 

Labels: , , ,

27 Comments:

At November 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting! I don't think I can quite imagine it, especially with the crunchy chips, but it sounds like something I'd be more than curious to try :)

 
At November 4, 2011 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Lacy said...

You know whats funny, I could go without pizza too. I was spoiled my whole life with my grandfathers homemade pizza, the best I've ever had. But I could totally get into this Taco Pizza!! Haha it sounds amazing! I love the doritos on top, nice touch!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger grubarazzi said...

This is so fun! I love the crushed up chips on top. I would totally make this for my man.

 
At November 4, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

Taco pizza is so fun. There's a local restaurant that has a great one. Your homemade version sounds great too!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea! Two of my favorite dishes in one!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds really fun - got to try it :)
Mary x

 
At November 4, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Helene Dsouza said...

You wont believe, but I have never tried a Taco before. But I know Pizza! hehe ;)

 
At November 4, 2011 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

Yes please! Oh how I love taco pizza!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 2:03 PM , Anonymous Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook said...

Man could I go for this. Rachel thinks I'm insane to want to mess with the plain old pizza formula, and that I'm even crazier to want to put lettuce on a pizza. I first had something like this in Japan (of all places). Glad to hear I'm not alone in loving this :)

 
At November 4, 2011 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks delish! Your girl nights sound like a blast. You are going to miss that but I'll bet there are lot's of friends just waiting for your arrival :)

 
At November 4, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love taco pizza! Haven't had it in forever, this recipe looks great! (And I too enjoy playing Just Dance with my sis) Thanks for sharing Erin! Have a great weekend =]

 
At November 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM , Anonymous janet@cupcakestocaviar said...

Taco pizza is awesome! I haven't had it in many years. I used to go to a pizza place that served it. Now I can make it at home. Yay!! :-)

 
At November 5, 2011 at 12:02 AM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

I love taco pizza too!! Yours looks delish! I need to make it again soon!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 12:04 AM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Such a great recipe Erin. Fun and would be perfect for a family night!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delicious! My sister - when she makes pizza - makes taco pizza...it's one of our favorites! This is very nicely done!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Christina @ Still Lucky said...

This is awesome! I love taco anything. Now I've got to convince the hubby to try it.

 
At November 5, 2011 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Taco pizza is a favorite of mine and I can never convince anyone to get it with me. Needless to say I get it very seldom.

 
At November 5, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a restaurant here that makes one with Doritos too!!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 1:12 AM , Anonymous Priscilla - She's Cookin' said...

Taco Pizza is always a winner! Congrats on the Top 9!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 6:43 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Congrats on the Top 9, Erin! I grew up eating Taco pizza (must be an Iowa thing), but I've never made one at home...yours looks fabulous!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

Oooh this looks so good! I love this idea Erin!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM , Anonymous Adele Forbes said...

Yum Yum eat um up!!!!!! Now that has set my wheels to spinning..thank you so very much for sharing!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taco pizza sounds like a great crispy idea :-)

 
At November 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous kita said...

Im a sucker for anything 'taco' and pizza is a bit of a staple in this house. Love the idea of this as an individual 'pie' for myself. ;)

 
At November 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How can you go wrong combining pizza and tacos together? This would be a huge hit in my house!

 
At November 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM , Anonymous alex said...

this pizza and your girls nights sound fantastic!

 
At November 8, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Anonymous claire @ the realistic nutritionist said...

I love this!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home