This Page

has been moved to new address

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Pie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Pie

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Pie



Ok, I know I promised you strawberry recipes, and TRUST me they are coming!  Boy are the coming.  I have made: strawberry shortcake, strawberry milkshakes, pancakes with strawberry sauce, strawberry raspberry jam, a strawberry drink, strawberry sorbet, and strawberry popsicles!!  So I think I have you set for the next month!  I still have about a pound I need to make something with.  I was thinking some kind of a crumb bar, any suggestions? 

In honor of Father's Day weekend, and of my very supportive husband, I am giving you his favorite dessert.  This was based off the Peanut Cup Pie you can find at Perkins and Baker's Square.  I think we originally found this recipe at Kraft Foods, and then modified it some. 

Peanut Butter Cream Pie
Printable Recipe

1 Graham Cracker Crust (recipe below)
1/2 cup hot fudge
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 cup cold milk
2 packages vanilla flavor instant pudding
1/2 tub Cool Whip, thawed
1/2 cup mini reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
3 Tbls powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted

Mix sugar with crushed crackers.  Stir in melted butter.  Pour into pie plate.  Press firmly against sides and bottom.  Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.  Cool.


For the pie - Spoon the hot fudge into the bottom of the crust.  Freeze for 10 minutes. 


Beat peanut butter and milk with whisk until well blended.  Add the pudding mixes.  Beat for 2 minutes, the mixture will be thick. 



Gently stir in the cool whip, and the peanut butter cups. 



Spoon over the chocolate layer. Put in the fridge to set.


While that is in the fridge, make whipped cream.  Beat the heavy cream on high for a couple minutes.  Until it looks like it is starting to come together.  Add the sugar, and vanilla, and whip until you have soft peaks.  Spread this on top of the peanut butter layer.



Sprinkle with peanut butter cups.  Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. 



30 Comments:

At June 21, 2011 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Annie Oakley's Kitchen said...

Wow does that look decadent! This wouldn't last long in my house with the way we love peanut butter and chocolate!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Becka (The Elegant Eggplant) said...

Erin, this looks INCREDIBLE! i am almost afraid to make it because I may eat the entire thing!!! Yum.... well done.

 
At June 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Karis said...

For a strawberry crumb bar, I bet this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker would work well subbing strawberries for raspberries - http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/05/13/raspberry-streusel-crumb-bars-recipe/. I haven't made it yet, but everything I make from her site is delicious :)

 
At June 21, 2011 at 9:21 AM , Blogger My Little Space said...

Erin, this looks better than strawberry! So addictive. Yummm.... Salivating here. Hope you're having a lovely day.
Kristy

 
At June 21, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Blogger briarrose said...

Oh that looks good. So many layers of yummy goodness....it's a pie you just can't resist. :) Beautiful job.

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger FamilySpice said...

How sinful! The kids would really go nuts for this! I made this strawberry-rhubarb bar with ginger icing from BHG - it was so good! You could do it with just strawberries, too. http://www.familyspice.com/recipe_html/strawberry_rhubarb_bars.html

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Audra said...

Erin that looks amazing! My mouth is seriously watering right now! What a great recipe and post!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

goodness, oozing with taste and my saliva is dripping. Stop tempting me with your lovely dessert.

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Great recipe!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Now see, I would prefer the strawberry recipes, but my family, they'd be all over this. I'm surrounded by peanut butter cup lovers so I'll have no choice but to give it a try!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Anonymous Tina @flourtrader said...

Chocolate and peanut butter, my favorite and the fact that it is in an ice cold pie makes it that much better-great post.

 
At June 21, 2011 at 4:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for all the strawberry yummness
in the mean time this looks and sounds amazing
I love chocolate and peanut butter

 
At June 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

This looks amazing! I can see why it's your husband's favorite dessert! And... I can't wait to see all of your strawberry recipes!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM , Anonymous claudia lamascolo said...

This pie is outstanding!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 6:11 PM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

Great recipe! I love the mini PB cups on them too. Cream pies are my all time favorite as well.

 
At June 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Holly Henry said...

You have me sold with the peanut butter cups!!! My favorite candy! YUMMY!

Holly

 
At June 21, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm the pie looks terrific! Can't wait for your strawberry posts!!!! they sound great too!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good! ...and fattening!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Peanut butter pie has never appealed to me...till NOW! Wow, I don't think I could resist!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Christine's Pantry said...

Wow! Looks yummy! I wish I had a piece right now. Delish!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Anonymous Janet@ from cupcakes to caviar said...

My boys would be allll over this one. Great looking pie Erin. :-)

 
At June 22, 2011 at 5:16 AM , Blogger PFx said...

I know I could be bad. But that pie highly sinful. I don't think my mum will be happy. Hahaha. Uuuu, sinful pieeee...

 
At June 22, 2011 at 5:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredible pie - it really looks to die for!
Mary

 
At June 22, 2011 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

I don't think I have a more favorite combination than chocolate and PB. In fact, I was thinking about making some no-bake cookies, this looks wonderful!

 
At June 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Harvesting for Life said...

I think you just seriously spoke to my soul... haha! This recipe looks deliciously sinful! Love, love, love it!!! YUM!

 
At June 24, 2011 at 7:20 AM , Anonymous Emily @ Life on Food said...

I keep seeing all of these PB and chocolate dessert recipes. They are making my mouth water. Yummy!

 
At June 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Lovely Light said...

Hi there- found you through Follow me Wednesday's hop and am a new follower. This looks so good- I wish we had graham crackers where we live! I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!

 
At June 26, 2011 at 8:27 PM , Blogger The Harried Cook said...

What a decadently delicious pie... Yummy! I'm afraid to make it because I am sure I will overeat... Thanks for sharing, Erin! :)

 
At June 30, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

I want a slice so bad now! Definitely going to bookmark it so I can try it. I'll also have to look at those strawberry recipes of yours. Thanks for participating in the YBR & Have a great weekend!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Desi said...

I saw this linked up somewhere, maybe It's a Keeper but I'm not sure! But I want this pie right now. AND your pistachio ice cream. I am so glad I found your blog! I'm a new follower :)

Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

Plus I've got a giveaway that starts today! :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home