This Page

has been moved to new address

Brownies and Candy?!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Brownies and Candy?!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Brownies and Candy?!


I totally stole this idea from In Katrina's Kitchen.  I saw it, and just thought it was perfect.  We have pounds and pounds of Easter candy left.  Being that my son is an only child and he has grandparents that spoil him, we have LOTS of candy.  My husband doesn't really want to bring just candy in to work, but he will bring baked goods.  So when I saw these two combined in a recipe, I thought it was a win, win!  I did manage to have some willpower around these this weekend.  I brought a plate to my neighbor, and put away almost all the rest for my husband to bring into work.  They were really good though, it was hard to stay away!  Each bite was different.  One bite was peanut butter, the next caramel, and then next was crunchy.....oh my mouth is watering just writing about it! 

I did change the recipe a little.  I used my normal brownie recipe, instead of a sheet cake recipe.  I have been making these brownies since I was born.  My dad loves anything chocolate, and dessert isn't dessert if it isn't chocolate.  So as soon as I could sit on the counter I was helping my mom make these.  I usually don't make chocolate frosting, I just use the store bought containers.  I didn't have any on hand, so I decided to make it this time.  It was just as easy as the normal vanilla frosting, just add cocoa.  Not sure why I have never done this before!


Easter Candy Brownies
Printable Recipe

4 envelopes unsweetened chocolate
2/3 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup candy - anything goes!!!




Start by mixing the chocolate and the oil together.  Mix in the eggs and sugar.  Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.  Pick out whatever candy you want to use, really anything you want.  I think I used peanut butter eggs, Crunch eggs, Rolo's, Hershey chocolate eggs, Snickers, and Twix. 


I cut all of them in half.  I did this just so they would go all throughout the batter.  After everything is cut up, dump the candy into your batter, and fold it in.  Pour the batter into a prepared pan.  I usually just grease and flour a 13x9 pan.  This time I actually lined it with foil, and sprayed with non-stick spray.  Worked well to remove them from the pan. 


Bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes.  Once they are cool top with frosting. 

Frosting 
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbls cocoa powder
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk

Just mix everything together to the consistency that you want.  You can play around with the sugar and milk measurements to get more of a glaze or frosting.  Spread it over the brownies and you have an awesome treat!


3 Comments:

At May 2, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I loved how each bite was different! We saved a "row" for us at home and sent the rest to work with my husband. Mmm! Thanks so much for making them and letting me know about it! I'm so happy you did!! ♥-K

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Anonymous Courtney said...

Wow....lethal combo! My son would gobble up this whole tray. What a delicious idea!!

 
At August 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh what a great idea!! I'll have to remember this with left over halloween candy :) Mmm brownies and candy :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home