This Page

has been moved to new address

Sugar Cookies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Sugar Cookies

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sugar Cookies


 So the final task of the birthday weekend was to make something for the 6 year old to take to school.  We discussed cupcakes, and muffins, but finally decided on sugar cookies.  But of course, we had to turn them into something Star Wars.  Apparently my son isn't the only boy obsessed with Star Wars in his class, because another Mom was there with help!  She had put "lightsabers" on her sons cupcakes.  Thanks to her, I was able to accomplish Star Wars Sugar Cookies!! 

We make these sugar cookies all the time.  They are the ones my husband grew up with, and they are a hit wherever I bring them.  I made them for my son's class for their Valentine's Party.  I got requests from the teacher, and the Mom's that were helping at the party for the recipe.  Everyone always guesses what ingredients are in there, and are always surprised when they see the recipe. 

Sugar Cookies
 Click here for printable recipe

1 cup (2 sticks) butter - softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3 Tbls milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

 
Cream together the butter and sugar.  Add in the milk, vanilla and egg.  Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.  You want to be careful not to over mix, or your cookies will turn out tough. 


Roll the dough onto a floured surface.  We like the cookies to be thick and chewy, so I roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick.  Dip a cookie cutter in flour, and cut out cookies.  Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.   You don't want to let them get brown around the edges, or they will be crunchy.  You can tell when they are done when the bottoms get little air bubbles on them.  Allow them to cool before you frost.  I had made Frosting earlier. 

Next up making the Lightsabers.  These were really easy.  I used the Twizzlers pull and peel licorice, and just cut it to the right length, and pulled them apart.  Then I melted some chocolate chips.  Take one piece of licorice, and dip the end in the chocolate.  I put them on a cookie sheet until the chocolate hardened. 


 Check out the final product!  Not bad for someone who isn't all that creative!  I am curious to hear how they went over at snack time today.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I must do this light saber technique!! I LOVE it! Well - my son will love it. I will love how easy it is!! I'm going to pin it to my Pinterest board! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home