This Page

has been moved to new address

Rosemary Bread: Guest post with Pass the Sushi

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Rosemary Bread: Guest post with Pass the Sushi

Monday, November 14, 2011

Rosemary Bread: Guest post with Pass the Sushi


Today all of our stuff is scheduled to be delivered at our townhouse.  As I write this, that is the plan at least :)  Needless to say, this week there will not be a lot of cooking happening.  Or last week either, since my kitchen was all packed up.  So I asked a few of my favorite bloggers to  help me out!  Kita from Pass the Sushi is the first one I am bringing to you.  If you are not familiar with Kita, I suggest you run over there (as soon as you read this of course), and look around.  She has stunning pictures, as well as over the top delicious food!  She dedicated a whole week to Man Food last Father's day, and oh the Desserts!  It might be a good thing that we aren't neighbors, I would never stay on a diet!  

Ok, enough from me....here is Kita from Pass the Sushi!


Hi I’m Kita from Pass the Sushi and I have been reading Erin’s moving adventures recently and getting totally excited for her! I am sure that it is horribly stressful moving a household across the country, but it also sounds so fun! It’s like a brand new adventure in a brand new place, and while I’m sure there will be adjustments – there’s something about the idea of picking up and moving that just seems good for the soul. Then again, I’ve never moved more than 25 miles at once so who am I to talk.

I have been super proud of Erin for continuing to post, be a mom and pack all at the same time. I’m throwing a bridal shower this week and am ready to throw my hands in the air. I can’t pretend I have the skills to pull off everything she’s managing right now.


Enough of my ramblings! You guys are here for the goodies right?

Copy-Cat Rosemary Bread from Macaroni Grill
From Food Network Magazine April 2011
Ingredients:
·         1 1/4 oz packet active dry yeast
·         2 teas sugar
·         2 tbs  extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and serving
·         2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
·         2 tbs dried rosemary
·         1 teas fine salt
·         3/4 cup water
·         12 teas kosher salt
·         freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:
Sit the yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup warm water in a large bowl. Let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
Add 1 tbs olive oil, the flour 1 1/2 tbs rosemary, the fine salt and 3/4 cup water; stir with a wooden spoon until a dough forms.
 
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, dusting lightly with flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.

Brush a large bowl with olive oil. Add the dough, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until more than doubled, about 2 hours.
 
Brush 2 baking sheets with olive oil. Generously flour a work surface turn the dough out onto the flour and divide into 4 pieces. Working with one piece at a time, sprinkle some flour on the dough, then fold the top and bottom portions into the middle. Fold in the sides o make a free-form square. Use a spatula to turn the dough over, then tuck the corners to form a ball. Place seam-side down on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, putting 2 balls on each baking sheet. Let stand, uncovered, until more than doubled, about 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the loaves 10 minutes; brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the kosher salt and the remaining 1/2 tbs rosemary. Continue baking until golden brown, about 10 more minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve with olive oil seasoned with pepper.


Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

At November 14, 2011 at 4:57 AM , Anonymous Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} said...

Hi Erin.
I hope the move went smoothly. Enjoy your new kitchen and can't wait to see what you gonna surprise us with!

Hi Kita, this bread sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 5:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds fabulous!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Sprigs of Rosemary said...

Yes, Erin . . . hope the move went smoothly. And Kita's right, how you managed to keep blogging in the midst or normal and not-so-normal is a feat! Kita, this brad looks just great. Imagine, me liking the idea of something with rosemary in it!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous In Katrina's Kitchen said...

Oh how I love this bread. I mean I loooooove it. I probably make it at least once a month! I loe how fast is comes together and no fuss. Making me hungry!! Great post Kita! And Erin you ARE superwoman.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

The bread looks AMAZING! I love good bread. Going to try... thanks for sharing, Kita and Erin!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger grubarazzi said...

Amazing recipe... Kita is a fav. Now stop blogging and enjoy your new place! :)

 
At November 14, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sound of this bread - the rosemary is just perfect!
mary x

 
At November 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Anonymous Kiri W. said...

This looks delicious! Warm, dipped in oil... mmm :)

 
At November 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

I love Kita! Great guest post. This looks like such a great bread!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Oh yum! I love their bread! Great guest post, Kita!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful guest post, Kita! This bread sounds divine. Good luck with moving, Erin! x

 
At November 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Anonymous Lacy said...

Mmmm I love a nice warm loaf of bread! Great guest post, Kita makes some really amazing dishes! Hope all is going well with the move. :)

 
At November 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Yet again, two of my favourite bloggers together in one spot. Great bread, Kita!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous Cucina49 said...

This looks great--I love rosemary bread! Hope you're settling in well.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

Erin, I'm glad you're all in CO together! Good luck with the movers and all the unpacking. I don't envy you there! This looks like a lovely dish and I'm glad to see you are not cooking right now and letting wonderful bloggers like Kita to help you out. Enjoy your new place. ~ Ramona

 
At November 14, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

I saw that your delivery was going to be a bit delayed...I hope it arrives tomorrow. Glad to hear you made it safely!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kita! What a GREAT recipe and such a nice guest post! I'm a fan of both you AND Erin. I hope the move goes well and I look forward to YOUR new posts and those of your guests!

 
At November 15, 2011 at 4:20 PM , Anonymous kita said...

Ugh! Irony is doing a guest post for someone while they move and having your own cable go out and being unable to comment!!! Im at work now trying to catch up - am I soooo sorry for not commenting sooner but thanks to everyone for the comments!

 
At November 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Lindselicious said...

Good luck with all the unpacking! Great guest post, I love fresh baked bread. Mmm and with Rosemary? I bet it smells amazing coming out of the oven.

 
At November 16, 2011 at 5:09 AM , Blogger firefoodie said...

I can just taste it and I bet is smells amazing.

 
At November 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Anonymous Kimber said...

The peasant bread at Macaroni Grill is amazing! I am so stealing this recipe for dinner parties ... thank you for this!

 
At November 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM , Anonymous BigFatBaker said...

MMM love Macaroni Grill's bread.. this is a great guest post recipe! Hope everything is going well with your move and adjustments :)

 
At November 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Erin- Hope all is going well. Moves can be so stressful. I hope yours went smooth as silk.
Kita- This is such a gorgeous and hearty bread. Love it. For me there is nothing better than warm bread.

 
At November 22, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Awayofmind Bakery House said...

this is such a beautiful bread! I can smell the rosemary's aroma from here :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home