This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 10/22/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 10/22/11

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week in Review 10/22/11

It is almost Halloween!! Are you ready? Are your kids ready? My 6 year old is going to be Perry the Platapus from Phineus and Ferb. Not sure how he came up with that idea (given his Star Wars and Lego obsession), but it is a good thing Grandma knows how to sew! This weekend we are headed to the pumpkin patch. They have all sorts of fun things there, it should be a good time. Next week things are going to be all Halloween all the time! Can't wait to show everything to you!

Here is what I was up to this week:
Nutella Croissant - Puff Pastry filled with Nutella, so easy yet so good
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes - Cinnamon Rolls and Pancakes come together in the most amazing breakfast
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Spiced Buttercream - Great fall pumpkin cupcakes topped with a Cinnamon Spiced Frosting
Steph's Virtual Bridal Shower - Risotto and Cupcakes - Sausage and Mushroom Risotto and Red Velvet Cupcakes to celebrate Steph's upcoming wedding

What I bookmarked of yours this week:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge by Pass the Sushi - I love fudge, and this is the perfect combination in an easy to make fudge!
Crispy Oven Fried Smashed Potatoes by Amy's Cooking Adventures - What a great easy side dish.  I think my whole family would love these. 
Spaghetti with Sunday Gravy by That Skinny Chick Can Bake - So much flavor in this amazing looking pasta dinner.
White Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies by Cookie and Cups - I am obsessed with blondies lately, I can't wait to try this butterscotch one!
Hot Butter Apple Cider Rum by That's So Michelle - What a great fall drink.  Perfect for carving pumpkins or while the kids are trick or treating!

12 Comments:

At October 22, 2011 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

You certainly had a wonderful week. Congrats on making top 9 for your cupcakes.. I told you they were amazing. :)

 
At October 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Anonymous janet@cupcakestocaviar said...

As usual, some great dishes here Erin! Can't wait to go see the ones I hadn't looked at yet. Congrats on the top Nine btw!!!! :-)

 
At October 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Awesome!

 
At October 22, 2011 at 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A delicious week....as always!

 
At October 23, 2011 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Peggy said...

I had my eye on Kita's fudge too! I just know it's going to be so good =)

 
At October 23, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Were so excited for Halloween in our house. We are all ready to go with our costumes and everything! : ) Lovin the sound of the stuff youve been making and bookmarked! YUM!

 
At October 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Autumn@Good Eats Girl said...

Looks like a very yummy week!

 
At October 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

I can't wait for Halloween! You had a great week yet again! I can't pick a favorite recipe, but I think it's between those Nutella croissants and the cupcakes! But, oh, that risotto looks amazing too! Ok, I'll just take one of everything please!

 
At October 23, 2011 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Christine's Pantry said...

Sound like a great week.

 
At October 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Joanne said...

I checked out those Nutella croissants. Those could be dangerous. So good.

 
At October 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Baking Serendipity said...

I cannot believe how close it is to Halloween! I am no where near ready. That might be a good thing though...if my pumpkins were carved and I'd already bought candy, I could see it being devoured in the next week :)

 
At October 24, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

What a fun cookie! I love the spiders... very creepy cool! We went to a pumpkin patch over the weekend too. I think I love going as much as my two kids. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home