This Page

has been moved to new address

Steph's Virtual Bridal Shower - Risotto and Cupcakes!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Steph's Virtual Bridal Shower - Risotto and Cupcakes!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Steph's Virtual Bridal Shower - Risotto and Cupcakes!

Have you heard?  Steph from Steph's Bite by Bite is getting married!  October 29th is her big day!  Kita from Pass the Sushi had the wonderful idea of having a Virtual Bridal Shower for Steph to celebrate.  So today we get to share some of our romantic meals with Steph.  After 10 years of marriage I would like to think I know a little bit about romantic meals.  Today I am giving you my Sausage and Mushroom Risotto with Red Velvet Cupcakes for dessert. 

My husband and I had this risotto 6 years ago at my sister in law’s rehearsal dinner.  It was so good; I had to try to make it at home.  It isn’t quite the same, but it is rich, creamy, and delicious.  Serve with a glass of wine, and you have a romantic dinner, perfect for a cool night.  But you have to have dessert too, right?  Anything red just says sexy to me, so Red Velvet Cupcakes fit the bill.  Plus they are cute and little, so you don’t get too full.

Congrats Steph!  I hope you and Lucas have a long and happy life together!  I can’t wait to see pictures from your special day.

Sausage and Mushroom Risotto

3 cups chicken stock
3 cups beef stock
2 Tbls olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz Shitaki Mushrooms
½ tsp thyme
1 lb Italian Sausage
1 Tbls butter
Salt and pepper
2 cups Arborio Rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese

Combine Chicken and Beef stock in a sauce pan.  Warm over low heat. 

In a separate skillet, sauté mushrooms and the thyme together.  Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper once lightly browned.  Set aside. 

In another skillet brown the sausage.  Discard the fat, and set aside. 

In a large skillet heat 2 Tbls oil over medium heat.  Add onion and garlic.  Sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.  Add the rice and coat well with the oil.  Lightly toast the rice, about 2 minutes.  Stir in wine, and cook until it is almost evaporated.  Ladle about 1 cup of warm stock into the rice and stir.  Once it is mostly absorbed add in more stock (1 ladle full each time).  Continue this process until the rice is cooked through and nice and creamy.  You might have a little stock left over, but not much. 

Once cooked through, add mushrooms and sausage to the pan.  Stir in the Parmesan Cheese and butter.  Top with additional cheese if desired. 


For the Red Velvet Cupcakes go to Dessert For Two for the recipe!  The recipe makes 4 cupcakes - how perfect is that!




Labels: , , , , , , ,

24 Comments:

At October 21, 2011 at 7:49 AM , Anonymous Kate@Diethood said...

YUM! I love risotto, but I can't make it the way it's supposed to be... so I just wait until my mom tells me that she made some and I go and pig out with her. :)

 
At October 21, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Erin, this is such a great meal to make for a date night! There is something about risotto that screams dates night to me. And to top it off with red velvet cupcakes?! Perfection!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

I love all these great recipes for Steph!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

After seeing Jill get schooled on Risotto by Wolfgang Puck on the last season of Food Network Star I have lost any desire to try Risotto, if she can't do it....who am I to think I can? But...it looks so good.

 
At October 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

I love risotto it is so amazing...what a nice dish yours is!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Fresh and Foodie said...

This sounds like an awesome risotto! And you're right -- what a perfect date night meal. Looks great.

 
At October 21, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous amy @ fearless homemaker said...

mmm, that risotto looks delicious + it's definitely a good 'romantic' meal - my husband + i almost always make a risotto on valentine's day. =)

 
At October 21, 2011 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

That looks like a fantastic version of risotto!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

That risotto has me smacking my lips...I am a huge fan of dishes like that. The cupcakes are beautiful. I love the perfect swirls of frosting on top!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 1:12 PM , Anonymous Lacy said...

This would be my exact romantic dinner full meal, I LOVE these dishes. Beautiful!!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

This risotto is perfect for date night. It's one of my favorite things to make and to eat!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 2:56 PM , Anonymous Cucina49 said...

Great-looking food! My husband and I have "dueling" risottos--his is made in a pressure cooker and mine is done the long, slow method by hand.

What a fun way to celebrate the bride!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Anonymous Kate from Scratch said...

This risotto looks wonderful and I love the cupcakes. sometimes four is all you need. Definitely a great recipe to have on hand! :) Perfect date food.

 
At October 21, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Steph said...

I would say that you most certainly do know about romantic meals! The risotto has me DROOLING! Thank you for this super sweet surprise! I am still in shock that you guys did this!!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM , Anonymous kita said...

This risotto sounds like a winner! I love the flavor and texture - perfect for a great date night and glass of wine. Thank you so much for helping out with the virtual bridal shower for Steph! (oh and red velvet - yeah, totally my favorite!)

 
At October 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FABULOUS risotto! There's something about it that screams date night & romance! What a great bridal shower!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Beautiful risotto. And with cupcakes. It's like the perfect night.

 
At October 22, 2011 at 1:33 AM , Anonymous DessertForTwo said...

Awww, you're so sweet to post a link to my cupcakes :)

xoxo!

 
At October 22, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Angie's Recipes said...

Great risotto reicpe. Looks simply lipsmackingly delicious!

 
At October 22, 2011 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Peggy said...

this is definitely a romantic dinner indeed! So excited for Steph!

 
At October 22, 2011 at 6:51 AM , Blogger Kate from Scratch said...

Hey Erin - quick question. I was going to make this for Mike and I (date night) and I was wondering if you think it would be as good without the sausage? I could make two separate risottos, I suppose. Just curious...

Thanks!

 
At October 22, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

What a lovely idea :) That risotto looks HELLA good! Buzzed

 
At October 23, 2011 at 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! The risotto and cupcakes look wonderful! I agree, this is the perfect meal for a night in!

 
At October 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous BigFatBaker said...

Aww this was such a sweet idea! Steph is such a cutie and I bet she was so surprised! This risotto certainly does look sexy to me :) I love the dessert too! Nothing beats red velvet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home