This Page

has been moved to new address

Nutella Croissant

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Nutella Croissant

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nutella Croissant



I missed posting something yesterday, sorry about that.  I realized after I left for our weekend trip that I didn't have any pictures on my laptop.  We didn't really have internet access at our cabin in Colorado anyway, so I am not sure it would have mattered.  So I will give you this delicious treat today.  It is super easy, very versatile and extra yummy...hopefully you will forgive me :)

We had a great weekend in Colorado.  We went on a couple great hikes and enjoyed some much needed family time.  We looked at a house and a neighborhood that we really liked.  Now to figure out if we want to build a house again.  We were talking to a couple in the neighborhood we liked, and the guys got to talking about football.  He had tickets to the Colorado St vs Boise St game for that afternoon he wasn't going to use.  So he just gave them to us!  Great last minute activity!  Today was a really long day.  We drove over 800 miles back to Iowa, in 11 hrs and 15 minutes with just 2 stops.  I am exhausted!

Nutella Croissant
Printable Recipe

1 sheet Puff Pastry Dough, thawed
8 Tbls Nutella (chocolate chips, or any other chocolate you want)
1 egg + 1 Tbls water
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2 Tbls powdered sugar
1 tsp butter

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Roll thawed sheet of dough out slightly.  Cut into 4 equal squares.  Fill each square with 2 Tbls of Nutella.  Brush edges with egg wash.  Fold in half over the chocolate and seal the edges.  Place on a lined baking sheet.  Brush the top of with egg wash. 

Bake for 14-18 minutes, until golden brown.  Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then place on wire rack. 

While croissants cool, prepare the chocolate drizzle.  Melt chocolate chips and butter together.  Mix in Powdered sugar.  If too thick you can add in a little milk.  Drizzle over each croissant.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. 

Labels: , , ,

28 Comments:

At October 18, 2011 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

Nice to hear on the wonderful weekend in Colorado. The pastry is nicely puffed, what more with nutella and chocs being used for the lovely looking recipe.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm this sounds like gold! Thanks for making this easy :) Yum!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous amy @ fearless homemaker said...

holy moly, that looks delicious. and we all know that you can never go wrong with nutella! =)

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

What a weekend. Glad you are home safely! These sound wonderful, love the use of puff pastry!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic treat! - nutella is a star in our house and these will be too :)
Mary x

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy treat! I love Colorado! It's so beautiful. I'm not so sure I could take the cold and snow, snow, snow! Hope you know how to ski :)

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM , Anonymous Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

Sounds like a great trip! Love the croissants.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

What a great recipe. I need to work with puff pastry, now you've given me a push. Wow.. you did a lot of driving this weekend back from CO. I don't envy you there. Glad you had a fun filled great family weekend!! Hope all goes well with the house sale and you can make your permanent move soon.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Kara said...

i hope you had a super time in Colorado!
Thanks for this recipe! Croissants are amazing...and these look awesome!!! Can't wait to try them! :D

http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/

 
At October 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Anonymous Alida said...

Glad you had a great time in Colorado! I love that you have so many creative uses for nutella...these croissants look so good!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

GASP!!! I love nutella...I bet it is amazing in that pastry!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh my heck! These just look heavenly!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Baker Street said...

Delicious! This sounds absolutely divine!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

You had me at Nutella...YUM!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Steph said...

Colorado is one of my favorite states! Especially Durango!! These croissants look so good! And flaky

 
At October 18, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so easy! I bet it is delicious :)

 
At October 18, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Autumn@Good Eats Girl said...

Sounds like a great weekend! This croissant looks seriously amazing. Wow!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Anonymous Happy When Not Hungry said...

Wow these croissants look amazing!! I love anything with Nutella. Yum!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Mmm, Nutella croissants! What a great idea! Glad that you got to get out to Colorado!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Claire said...

very creative! these sound great

 
At October 18, 2011 at 10:00 PM , Anonymous Eva@ kitcheninspirations.wordpress.com said...

What a delicious treat!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a GREAT idea! Puff pastry! You - are - a - genius! I'm glad you had fun trip....

 
At October 19, 2011 at 1:27 AM , Blogger Dreams of cakes said...

My kids will love these croissants. I will definately give them a try. Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 6:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an easy and great way to make a croissant! And with nutella....yes please!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 7:08 AM , Anonymous Elyse @The Cultural Dish said...

I love croissants! I have always been afraid to make them but these look pretty simple and so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You can't go wrong combining Nutella and puff pastry! So easy too!

 
At October 20, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Anonymous kita said...

Someday I will get out to Colorado and hike some trails. In the meantime I guess I'll just have to much on these tasty little croissants and be satisfied.

 
At October 22, 2011 at 5:53 AM , Anonymous Mike said...

I love the beauty and simplicity of this. This is a great way to serve one of the greatest foods there is: Nutella.

I would love to have this as a guest post on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home