This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 10/15/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 10/15/11

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week in Review 10/15/11

What a great week!!  We accepted an offer on our house!  I get to see my husband again (even if only for 2 1/2 days)!  And we get to spend time in Colorado.  Could you ask for anything more out of a week?    I hope all of you have had a great week as well.  The weather is kind of turning fall like again, which is good.  As much as I like it warm, I don't like 80's in October.  There is just something not right about that in my opinion.  I want to make soup and chili in October!

Remember, if you haven't already you can vote for Foodbuzz Awards HERE.  I am up for Best New Blog!  Voting is open to everyone!

This is what I was up to this week:
Greek Cinnamon Stewed Chicken - Chicken breasts in a cinnamon and tomato sauce.  Sounds different, but is comforting and delicious.
Coconut White Chocolate Blondies - Blondies with a hint of coconut, white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
Baguette - Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day strikes again with this Baguette
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies - Peanut Butter Blondies full of Chocolate and White Chocolate Chips.
The Rice - Super simple, but amazing side dish

This is what I have bookmarked of yours this week:
Granola Bars by A Zesty Bite - I have never made my own, and these look like just the recipe to start with!
Dim Sum by Frugal Antics of a Harried Housewife - These look easy, and just sound perfect.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes by The Baker Chick - My son loves pumpkin pie, these cupcakes look amazing!!
Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce by Healthy Cooking for Me - We love enchiladas at our house, the idea of a pumpkin sauce is very intriguing. 
Chocolate Wasted Cake by Art of Dessert - OH MY!!  Even if you don't like chocolate you have to look at this, it left me speechless!

Hope you have a great weekend!

13 Comments:

At October 15, 2011 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Joanne said...

I bookmarked the enchiladas with pumpkin sauce too!!! They look so great!

 
At October 15, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

Congratulations on selling your house!! Thats very exciting! I agree with you on the october weather. It needs to cool off already!

 
At October 15, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

Congrats on the final steps of selling your house! How exciting =)

And you're right - that chocolate cake made me speechless too!!

 
At October 15, 2011 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Congrats on selling your house. One step closer to new life in Colorado~~~!

 
At October 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

YAAAAAAAAY! That's great news about your house. Well done! You'll be one big happy family again in no time!

And of course, you know I voted for you!

 
At October 15, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on selling your home and finally seeing your hubby! Have a great 2 days with him and enjoy yourself. Have a wonderful weekend! =]

 
At October 15, 2011 at 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your house! I know that can be such a big burden. I love your recap of the week!

 
At October 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM , Anonymous Alida said...

Congrats on selling your house - that must be such a relief! Have fun in Colorado with your husband. I'm so happy for you!

 
At October 16, 2011 at 5:50 AM , Blogger Emily said...

The coconut blondie bars were a bit too much of a hit at my house! We ate them all in a little more than two days.

 
At October 16, 2011 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

What a great week. Happy you had a family time with the hubby! :)

 
At October 16, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Moore or Less Cooking said...

I am your newest follower. All of your recipes look so yummy!

 
At October 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Anonymous Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

Congrats on your offer! That is awesome!

 
At October 16, 2011 at 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit with your hubby and congrats on selling your house! Thank you for bookmarking the enchiladas...you made my day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home