This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 10/8/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 10/8/11

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week in Review 10/8/11

It has been a great week!  My 6 year old and I survived our first week alone, and it went well!  I actually cooked every night (I was worried about cooking for just the 2 of us), and we have had fun.  I am the one that is usually short on patience in our house, but that didn't happen this week.  We even went to a neighbors house and played and had a fire Friday night. Now we will just see how the weekend goes.  I have a couple playdates lined up, and we have to get the house clean for a showing on Sunday, so I think it will be busy.

The blog has been on fire this week (relatively speaking for me), which is very exciting!  Don't forget to check out the Foodbuzz awards and vote for your favorites.  Icon is to your right.  I am nominated for Best New Blog, hint hint :)

Here is what I was up to this week:
Chicken in a French Pan Sauce and Polenta Fry Fail - Chicken Breasts in a quick and easy french pan sauce.  Great for weeknight dinners. 
Soft Pretzel Bites - Homemade soft pretzels in little bite sized portions
Cheddar Bacon Ale Dip - Cheese, Bacon and Beer!  Great dip for with soft pretzels.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Apple Cider - Hot Apple Cider with Pumpkin Spiced Syrup topped with Whipped Cream
Thanks and More - Get to Know Me, Blog Awards, My Favorites, and More

Here is what I bookmarked of yours this week:
Cheddar Bay Biscuits by Eat. Drink. Love - who doesn't love Red Lobster biscuits!  Need to make these soon!
Chocolate Malted Cupcakes by Tracey's Culinary Adventures - Just Adorable, and I love Whoppers!
Brookies with Oreo's and Caramel by That Skinny Chick Can Bake - boy can Liz bake, just another amazing dessert from her kitchen!
Pesto Burgers by The Spiffy Cookie - Great idea to put pesto in the meat!  Going to have to try this next time I grill!
Buffalo Chicken Calzone by Baking Jenn - what  a fun idea for a calzone!  Love just about anything with buffalo chicken!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

13 Comments:

At October 8, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Teresa said...

I found your blog from the FoodBuzz award nominees, and I'm glad I did. Always good to find a new food blog from the Midwest. Good luck on the award!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

Congrats on the nomination! You have a wonderful blog so its well-deserved. My mouth is watering from reading all of the delicious things you've been whipping up this week!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

You certainly did have a busy week. I'm still so happy about our nominations. Have a great weekend!! ~ Ramona

 
At October 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Another fabulous week for you!! I'm all about those pretzel bites and that cheddar dip! Especially right now while watching football! Thanks so much for bookmarking my biscuits! Congrats again on the nomination!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award - you have had a busy week!
Wonderful recipes
Mary x

 
At October 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

What a great week! Congrats on the nomination :-) Well deserved!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Anonymous claudia @Whats Cookin said...

Great recipes and congrats!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on the nomination, well deserved!! :) Thanks for the shout-out!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Chef Dennis Littley said...

Congratulations on your nomination Erin! You have done an amazing job with your blog!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 11:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your nomination! Best of luck to you...it HAS been a great week!

 
At October 9, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Anonymous Lauren at Keep It Sweet said...

Congrats on the FB nomination!!

 
At October 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM , Anonymous Baking Serendipity said...

Congrats! Definitely a deserved nomination :) Pumpkin apple cider is on my to-do list this afternoon :) Thank you!

 
At October 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home