This Page

has been moved to new address

Taco Pasta

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Taco Pasta

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Taco Pasta



I think this was one of the first things I pinned when I joined Pinterest!  That site is amazing, so much better than just bookmarking.  It is addicting, which can be a problem!  I love following new people, so join me over there!

I am always struggling for dinners that all of us can enjoy. We are all picky in our own ways, that is undeniable.  But my 6 year old is kind of over the top.  So if I can get something all of us will eat 75% of the time, I am doing amazingly well.  Tacos are one of those that is always a hit! So when I saw this recipe for Taco Pasta I knew I had to try it. 

I was so excited for this!  I will say that if you do not like spicy foods you really need to use just plain diced tomatoes.  I didn't have plain tomatoes, so I used the can of Rotel that I had.  It was fine for hubby and I, but not for my son.  We were adding shredded cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips to try to cool it down for him.  I think he drank 3 glasses of milk during dinner that night! He did like it though, and said if it wasn't spicy he would eat it again.  My husband topped his with cheese too, but that is just because he likes cheese.  Don't mind the mix of pasta shapes, I didn't have enough macaroni, so I broke some lasagna noodles to fill in.  I am looking forward to making this again without the heat.

Taco Pasta
Recipe The Girl Who Ate Everything
Printable Recipe

1 pound ground beef
10 oz small pasta shapes
1 small onion,diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14 oz.) can Rotel tomatoes (or plain diced if you don't like spicy)
1 packet taco seasoning
3 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper

Cook pasta according to the package directions.  Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. 

Meanwhile, in a large skillet  brown ground beef, and onions over medium-high heat until cooked through. Once the meat is cooked, mix in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning.  Let simmer over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.

Stir in the pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and reserved pasta water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce.

Labels: , , ,

31 Comments:

At September 22, 2011 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

We used to eat the hamburger helper version all the time and this sounds so delicious and much better for you. Love it!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Erin! Thanks so much for a recipe that i know will be a hit. I relate so much to what you're saying - to get everyone eating and happy is SO difficult!! this is sure to be a winner though :)
Mary

 
At September 22, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Wow, this looks SO easy and delicious! What a yummy dinner :)

 
At September 22, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yum! This looks so good! I like the lasagna pieces it makes it look more rustic. That is so funny about your son drinking 3 glasses of milk! My daughter hates spicy stuff so I don't make spicy very often so I know how you feel!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Saji said...

Yummm!!!!Looks very easy too!!!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Pretend Chef said...

I know my family would love this. Looks so delicious and I am craving it now. Yummy!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

I love tacos and I love pasta so I know this has to be good!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous amy @ fearless homemaker said...

i've never had taco pasta but i see it come across twitter + pinterest constantly + it looks delicious to me. will definitely have to give it a try - maybe i'll even put my own amy-ish twist on it with some fun ingredient twists!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

Yes please! Where do I find the forks?

 
At September 22, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

This looks amazing. My family would go nuts for this one. I love pinterest but I've avoided it the last couple of weeks as well as stumble just as I've been too busy. I get pinning and forget all about other things. Might go play there today while the kids are off to school. I miss both.

 
At September 22, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Pam said...

This is my kind of meal - it looks and sounds wonderful!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've had to push myself away from pinterest these days. There's just too much info for me to love and I get lost in it. House doesn't get clean, family doesn't get cared for. Ugh.

This is an amazing dish. It's comfort food. No wonder you pinned it. I would have too. Can't wait to make it.

 
At September 22, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Steph said...

this is awesome!! what a creative combo of amazing flavors!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger sensiblecooking said...

Yummy,I will have to make it asap. But addicting might be problem.

 
At September 22, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Becka (The Elegant Eggplant) said...

What a great recipe!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

What a great weeknight dinner idea! So simple and so delicious. Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad to have found your blog and am looking forward to seeing more. :)

 
At September 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Anonymous claire @ the realistic nutritionist said...

You can't go wrong with this delicious taco pasta!!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous kristy said...

This would be an instant hit in our house! Tacos and pasta in one dish...brilliant!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to jump on the Pinterest band wagon. I can't believe I still haven't used it. This pasta looks so hearty and delicious. Love taco pasta. :)

 
At September 22, 2011 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Sarah Lienard said...

Aaah, this looks so good :) I'm really craving pasta lately!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Alida said...

I love that this is an easy dish that pleases the whole family. Sounds delicious!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 8:58 PM , Anonymous kita said...

Can not go wrong with a taco pasta bake - everything I love all in one bite!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, delish! I love this type of recipe...it's one that everyone enjoys! Buzzed and thanks for sharing! (I GOTTA get on Pinterest)

 
At September 22, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Anonymous raquel erecipe said...

hey girl I know the taste...just looking at the picture I can say it is awesome =) I love the cream cheese and if I made this I will surely put a lot of it =)

 
At September 22, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, we deal with picky eating everyday and I feel the same way. If I make a meal everyone eats, it makes my week! Tacos are one of those go-to's for us too. Oh, and I love, love, love pintrest. I'm addicted as well.

 
At September 23, 2011 at 6:15 AM , Anonymous Ashley@Bakerbynature said...

Pintrest is so addicting! I can get sucked in for hours...

This pasta looks great; a combination of my two favorite foods.

 
At September 23, 2011 at 7:23 AM , Anonymous Kelly said...

My kids would absolutely love this - so fun Erin!

 
At September 24, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Erin for this recipe. Made it last night for the family. It was a hit!

 
At September 24, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Erin said...

So glad that you and your family liked it!

 
At September 25, 2011 at 11:29 PM , Anonymous Pasta Dies said...

Thanks for sharing useful dishes with us i will try all the dishes on my home tomorrow.

 
At October 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous susan said...

I make variations of this recipe frequently for my family, and it is always a hit...love when that happens.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home