This Page

has been moved to new address

Sargento Taste Test

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Sargento Taste Test

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sargento Taste Test



I was selected to participate in the Sargento Taste Test.  Sargento is cut from 100% natural cheese and is never processed.  It contains only natural ingredients and is tested by professional cheese graders to ensure high quality.  As part of this experience I was sent a $25 American Express Gift Card to purchase Sargento Natural Cheese, a Processed Cheese to compare it to, and the choice of pairings. 




I picked Pepper Jack and Colby Jack for my Sargento Cheese to test against the Processed Cheese.  It really wasn't a comparison.  My husband wasn't excited about this, because he HATES processed cheese and avoids it like the plague!  The Sargento Cheese on the other hand, he is a huge fan of. 




You can't tell as much by the pictures, but there really is no comparison between the cheese.  The processed cheese is shiny, rubbery and waxy.  There cheese doesn't really smell like anything, and it tastes kind of like plastic.  The Sargento cheese on the other hand is not shiny, actually smells like cheese, and tastes like what you would expect.  You get salty and sharp and spicy all at the same time.  There really is no comparison between Processed Cheese and Sargento. 

We made Grilled Cheese for dinner one night these the cheeses.  The both melt equally well, but the taste are worlds apart.  


**This post is part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program with Sargento.  The Food was provided by Sargento via a $25 American Express Gift Card.  The opinions are my own. 

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

At September 14, 2011 at 4:00 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

Nice Erin, fantastic with everything to go with it and lovely pairing with the green grapes, really tempting me.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 4:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Some of Sargento's yellow/orange cheeses use the "natural" food dye Annatto, which apparently doesn't bother most people. But unfortunately, I'm not one of them. It seems most of the bigger names in easily found cheese also dye with Annatto, so I'm not singling out Sargento. I buy Cabot cheese, since they don't dye their Cheddar cheese. DH prefers S.argento over Kraft (he's not bothered by annatto LOL)

 
At September 14, 2011 at 6:03 AM , Anonymous claudia @Whats Cookin Italian Cuisine said...

great review I just love their cheeses!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 7:15 AM , Anonymous Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

I couldn't agree more! We don't even call processed cheese cheese in my house. Our favorite is Meunster which my kids love on "monster" grilled cheese.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

We love Sargento! I remember the first time my daughter tried their shredded cheese...she thought it was so much better than what I used to purchase. Your hubby was a good sport with this taste test :)

 
At September 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

I loved this tastemaker, well maybe because I love cheese. The Mozzarella Provolone I got is so yummy- Im melting it on everything! Great review Erin.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Good review, always wondered how most foodies feel about processed cheese. Not a huge fan myself but every now and then a nice grilled cheese is great.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

haha I thought that the processed cheese tasted like plastic too! Too funny.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

Sargento is the best cheese around. My husband still buys those gross slices, but I will not touch them. Are we just too picky-I think not-we just know what good is. Nice review.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM , Anonymous Kate @ Kate from Scratch said...

I had assumed that most grocery packaged cheese was processed. Silly me! This is wonderful news. I think I feel some mac n' cheese coming on. Nommy!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

I love Sargento cheese...we love their cheese sticks but I also love that their sliced cheese comes in such large slices, it fits the whole piece of bread! Great review!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM , Anonymous The Farmers Wife said...

Great review girl!!! Looks so yummy! We loved doing ours it was so yummy!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous Kimby said...

Grilled cheese is the ultimate "taste test" for any kind of sliced cheese. :)

 
At September 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

Good job on the review! Grilled cheese is definitely the best way to "test" these out =)

 
At September 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger thekitchennoob said...

Sounds like you guys had fun :) I'm hoping to get selected for more Tastemakers stuff as well.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Holly Henry said...

Excellent review Erin! Good luck with your move!!!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Anonymous Alida said...

Mmm...love Sargento pepper jack. I'm totally craving a grilled cheese right now. Great review, Erin!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO with you....nothing beats Sargentos!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Processed cheese is the worst. I too really like Sargentos.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM , Anonymous Joanne said...

Most of the cheese I buy is pretty expensive, and I would say that I am somewhat of a cheese snob, but I always think Sargento is pretty good. I always have a bag of Sargento mozzarella in my fridge so I can make pizza!

 
At September 15, 2011 at 6:35 AM , Anonymous Anne@frommysweetheart said...

I use Sargento cheese a lot! Especially in grilled cheese sandwiches!

 
At September 15, 2011 at 12:49 PM , Anonymous Thomas Andrew said...

Nice pairing! Great minds must think alike...we both picked colby jack and pepper jack. :-)

 
At September 15, 2011 at 9:45 PM , Anonymous Roxana GreenGirl said...

i'm just like your husband, avoid processed cheese like plague! Great review Erin :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home