This Page

has been moved to new address

Seven Links

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Seven Links

Friday, August 12, 2011

Seven Links

There is a game going around the Blogging world called Seven Links.  I have been reading this on other blogs, and it seems like a fun idea! Basically there are 7 questions, that you answer using previous posts of yours.   My Home Diary In Turkey tagged me, so I am it!  Here are my Seven Links!

1.  Most Beautiful Post
           Margarita Cupcakes - I am not the best photographer.  I rarely get a picture accepted to Tastespotting or Foodgawker, but I am working on it.  I need to figure out lighting, that much I know for sure.  But this picture I am proud of. 


2.  Most Popular Post
        Homemade Goldfish Crackers - I knew this would be a hit when I was making them, but I didn't know just how much of a hit they would be!



3.  Most Controversial Post
               Barbeque Ribs - Controversial?  Really?  I write about food that I make, what is controversial about that.  But I will say the ribs, because everyone has a say on how you are supposed to cook ribs.  I am guessing many would frown on my 2 hours in the oven, then 5 minutes on the grill.  But they are darn tender and tasty!


4. The Most Helpful Post
               Reader Request:  Kids Lunch Ideas - A reader asked me to write a post dedicated to helping her feed her kids over summer break.  It was some work for me to come up with ideas, because I struggle with this as well.  But I think I had some darn good ones in this post. 


5.  Post that was surprisingly successful
             Strawberry Milkshakes - This was the first in my series of Strawberry recipes.  I thought it was one of the worst as well.  I didn't like the picture and I didn't think it was an original recipe.  This is the first of my posts to make it to the Foodbuzz Top 9!


6.  Post that did not get the attention it deserved
            Homemade Milky Ways - I thought making these at home was darn impressive.  They were relatively easy, and were pretty darn close to the original.


7.  Post you are most proud of
              Chocolate Peanut Butter Macarons - These were my first attempt at Macarons.  I had never even heard of them before I started blogging.  I am always up for a challenge, and these definitely were.  But this was my first attempt, and they were good! 


There are 2 rules.  1 link per category.  And to tag 5 other bloggers!

Tag you're it!
1.  Erin at The Spiffy Cookie
2.  Carolyn at All Day I Dream About Food
3.  Steph at Steph's Bite by Bite
4.  Cassie at Bake Your Day
5.  Lizzy at That Skinny Chick Can Bake

23 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 2:49 AM , Anonymous purabi naha said...

What a lovely spread! The Margarita cupcakes and the macarons are for me!! All the pics look very tempting!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

I am still sticking to the Goldfish crackers which I am going to make for the coming Deepavali festival next month.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All really beautiful posts - I do remember those homemade milky way bars - I thought they were amazing!!
Mary

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I was impressed by those decadent Milky Way Bars!!! I have the same problems with lighting...but I just keep plugging away :) Thanks for tagging me, Erin! xo

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Sashquatch said...

What a lovely idea! And nearly all posts i have eyed up in the past :) you have such a lovely range of recipes!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger tori said...

this is such a lovely way to find gems in people's archives. I've had the nicest time reading yours.... congratulations on some fantastic posts.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Claire said...

i love the margarita cupcakes and homemade milky way bars

 
At August 12, 2011 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I love your selections Erin!! Your ribs look super delicious to me! These are the food that I wish to have on my blog! LOL! Everything is beautiful and I need to brush up my baking skills, seriously! Have a great weekend! :-)

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

LOVE your selections, everything looks fantastic!!!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

Great round up of the 7! I'm not surprised the goldfish was your most popular. They are so cute and look so good!!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Nice links! Thanks for the tag :-)

 
At August 12, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading your post Erin..
and just for the record I was super impressed with the home made milky way bars

 
At August 12, 2011 at 2:02 PM , Anonymous Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray said...

Fun post! Great way to look back at your blog :)

 
At August 12, 2011 at 2:03 PM , Anonymous claire said...

Foodgawker and Tastespotting HATE ME. I've never ever ever had a photo accepted with them :(

I'm with you on the lighting, that is the one thing I really need to figure out how to improve!

Loved reading this, love learning morea bout you!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

What a fun post! I enjoyed reading it very much. I think all your dishes are wonderful and deserved to be appreciated (especially the milky way bars). : )

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great list! I remember reading them and I was stunned with the macarons - they were SO beautiful! ....and the goldfish were awesome!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

This is so fun, thanks for the tag. I think I'll post mine next week!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Çitra's Home Diary said...

I'm glad U are in Erin ! ^,^
and what a great list you have here.. especially that peanut chocolate butter :)

 
At August 12, 2011 at 8:52 PM , Anonymous claudia @whats cookin italian cuisine said...

Wow amazing foods you posted I love them all cant wait to see what else gets posted... you picked great food bloggers!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Anonymous kristy said...

What a cute idea. :) I'm with you - lighting is the toughest part of this whole photography thing. I'm dreading winter!

 
At August 13, 2011 at 5:57 AM , Anonymous Emily @ Life on Food said...

Love your links! I was a big fan of the goldfish. And I am super impressed with the milkways too.

 
At August 14, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Anonymous Eileen said...

It was great reading about your posts, and how they ranked. It's amazing how you think you've got a rockin post and it turns out to be a dud, and then the one you don't think is that good turns out to be a super hit. I enjoy all of your posts!

 
At August 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

This link game I like. :) Also your thought about photography on the margarita cupcakes make me smile, "I need to figure out lighting, that much I know for sure." The very idea of photography is capturing light. :) I've always like all of you pictures though, who needs the FG and TS galleries anyway (yeah, me too. but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home