This Page

has been moved to new address

Asian Salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Asian Salad

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Asian Salad


Last night I had both sets of parents here for a quick dinner, before we were off to my sons first music program at school. He did great! They did Barnyard Moosical, and he was a farmer with a speaking part. He stood up there, spoke loud, and clear - I was so proud!

I decided to go super easy with dinner. I made Sloppy Joe's in the morning, and just put them in the crock pot, so they were ready whenever we were ready to eat. I bought a bag of chips, and made this salad. Both fathers are rather picky, and not very adventurous with food. But they ate the salad and liked it. I have made this salad for a few potlucks, and I always get asked for the recipe. Even the teacher luncheon at school was a huge hit! It was one of the first things gone, and I made a double batch!

This salad is super easy. It takes less than 5 minutes to assemble. You can make the dressing ahead of time, and just stir it up again when it is time to serve. I currently have extra dressing sitting in my fridge, that I will use for lunch!

Asian Salad
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 packages Oriental Ramen Noodles - including seasoning packets
1 bag of salad mix
1 small can mandarain oranges
1/4 cup sliced almonds


The dressing is really easy. Put the oil, vinegar, sugar and 2 seasoning packets from the ramen in a bowl. Stir until combined - Done!

I have this nice shaker thing, so I put the ingredients in there, and shake it up. I store it in my fridge in this as well. Just shake it up when you are ready to use it.








The other thing you need to do is crush up the Ramen Noodles. I put them in a plastic bag, and take my meat tenderizer to it. Works pretty well.

When you are ready to eat, put the lettuce and the oranges in a bowl. Mix in some Ramen Noodles (I never use all of them, I think it is way too many), and almonds. Toss with the dressing, and you are ready to eat!


Note: You will notice the lack of oranges in my pictures. I forgot to get them at the store, and with the 2 picky fathers and my husband I figured it wasn't worth going back to get them. I thought it was still really good!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 29, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Anonymous Marla said...

This asian salad sounds great! Love the ramen noodles in there.
It is vegetarian week at Get Grillin' we would love if you submitted up to any 3 recipes (they don't have to be grilled) to our link up. This one would be perfect!
This week we have a ManPans giveaway. http://su.pr/3GCtXU

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home