This Page

has been moved to new address

S'more Pancakes Please

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: S'more Pancakes Please

Sunday, April 17, 2011

S'more Pancakes Please






I had planned on making these pancakes for Saturday breakfast for a couple days. Then Saturday when we wake up it is SNOWING?!?!? It is the middle of April, snow does not belong! My only consolation was trying these pancakes, which now seemed the perfect summer breakfast for a yucky morning. My husband had to go into work, so it was just Tyler and I to eat these delicious chocolate/marshmallow creations. I was a little nervous they wouldn't turn out. I have been reading a couple recipes lately for different s'mores desserts - pies, bars, etc. All with lackluster reviews. But I love a good s'more, so I was going to try anyway. And boy were they good!

S'mores Pancakes
Serves 2 - 2 pancakes per serving
2/3 cup flour (all-purpose or whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
Optional - splash of vanilla
1 Tbls mini chocolate cips
20 mini marshmallows, halved
Chocolate Syrup
Reddi-Whip
1 sheet graham crackers


To make the batter, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the eggs, milk, and splash of vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and the marshmallows. Stir in the marshmallows slowly, so they don't stick together. You could use a griddle if you were making a lot of them, but it was just 2 of us, so I used a non-stick skillet that I sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on the first side, and then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.

Once they are cooked through, put on a plate and get ready for the yummy part! I used an ice cream topping Hot Fudge - so I had to microwave it to get it "dripable" I put a bunch on a spoon, and just drizzled it over the top of my pancakes. Top with a squirt of reddi-whip, and then crush up 1/2 of the graham cracker over the pancakes.

These really did kind of taste like S'mores. Next time though, I think I wouldn't mix the marshmallows into the batter. They kind of melted in there, and didn't stand out. I think I would just sprinkle them over the top. The pancakes are hot, so the whip cream melts quickly. I think the marshmallows would as well. And really, if you have a favorite pancake recipe you could use that, and just stir in the chocolate chips and top this way.

These are definitely going to be made again here!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At April 28, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look like a great breakfast for a camping trip too! Yum.....

 
At April 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Kneady Sweetie said...

This is my kind of breakfast! Great idea!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger briarrose said...

The most decadent breakfast ever! I love it.

 
At May 10, 2011 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

I'm not usually about this kind of treat for breakfast but maybe once a year on a birthday wouldn't be so bad. Hey, maybe you could start a trend of breakfast for dessert (you know like breakfast for dinner...hmmmmmm how can I make my breakfast foods sweeter?)

 
At May 10, 2011 at 9:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to find out about these s'more pancakes when you mentioned them on my blog...ah-mazing! Thanks for pulling me into such an awesome site. I will definitely be back! :)

 
At June 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Anonymous Liren said...

I'm a sucker for s'mores (had some last night, actually), so I can't wait to try s'mores pancakes! I'm sure my kids won't mind this for breakfast, either :)

 
At July 8, 2011 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Mumsfilibaba said...

What is better than some yummy pancakes. Should do them with marshmallows next time :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home