This Page

has been moved to new address

Pies, Pies, Pies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Pies, Pies, Pies

Monday, April 18, 2011

Pies, Pies, Pies


I found these Thin Mint Pies on Lick The Bowl Good, and they are awesome! I made them last week for a business dinner my husband had at our house. They went over very well, so I am making them again! My son has his first ever music program at school tonight. He has a speaking part!! Both sets of grandparents are coming to watch the program. This means I have to have dinner and everything for 7 people and be out the door by 6pm to get to school. These little pies seem perfect! I used up my Girl Scout cookies last week, but I found Keebler makes a Grasshopper cookie, that looks and tastes like a Thin Mint - so you can make this pie year around!

Creamy Thin Mint Pies
Makes 1 - 9 inch pie, or 10 mini pies
2 packed cups chocolate cookie crumbs
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
1-8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream (makes 2 cups whipped cream)
1 tsp mint extract
Pinch of Salt
1 sleeve Girl Scout Thin Mints (16 cookies, divided)


I used a food processor to make quick work of the Oreo's. Mix the melted butter with the cookie crumbs, and press into the pie plate. Put it in the fridge while you make the filling. You could easily use a store bought crust for this. I could not find the mini pre-made crusts anywhere around here. I like the idea of individual desserts, and they are just so cute! I also could not find the disposable mini pie tins either. So I raided my cabinets and came up with enough small dishes to make individual pies.



To make the filling take 11 Thin Mints and break them up. I put them in a plastic bag, and took a frying pan to it. Helped with some frustration as well :) You still want them in big chunks, not crumbs. Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream until it becomes fluffy.


Put the whipped cream in a separate bowl. Beat the cream cheese, mint extract, pinch of salt and the sugar together until it becomes creamy. Fold together the cream cheese and the whipped cream. Then gently stir in the cookie pieces. Scoop into the pie crust. Top with the remaining cookies, cut in half.

I had problems cutting the cookies in half, so I just used the whole cookie. Didn't figure I would get any complaints by my tasters.

If you look closely you will notice one of these things is not like the other. My mom is not a big fan of mint, so I stirred in crushed up Oreo's, and topped with an Oreo. I am hoping it will be equally delicious.

Store these in the fridge overnight. They get more minty the longer the sit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

We are a big mint loving family, so those little pies would be a hit! I love no bake desserts for summer.

 
At April 19, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger briarrose said...

Beautiful and I love the minty flavoring.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home