This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 9/3/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 9/3/11

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Week in Review 9/3/11

I just realized I did not do a Week in Review last week, that is how crazy things have been!  I think they are finally calming down now, and I can get back to blogging!   When I started this, I never knew it would turn into this, and miss not doing it so much.  But life happens, what can you do! 

I will make this quick - it is a long holiday weekend!  Enjoy time with family and friends.  Hopefully everyone has great weather to enjoy it in.  We are supposed to cool down some!  Yeah, highs in the 70's!  Should make for a nice weekend.


So here is what I have been up to:
Double Peanut Butter Bars - Peanut Butter and more Peanut Butter!
Creamy Polenta - Quick and Easy Side Dish
Pumpkin Madeline Cake Balls - Madelines turned into pumpkin pie flavored cake balls
Spreading the Love - Amazing bloggers receive awards!
Guest Post with Chef Dennis, Cherry Limeade Cocktail - Cocktail that tastes just like Cherry Limeade
Hyderabadi Biryani - Super quick and easy Indian Food
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies - guest post at La Case De Sweets!
Focaccia with Onion and Rosemary - Fresh Bread with just 5 minutes of work!
S'mores Bars - S'mores in an easy to eat bar form!

Here is what has caught my eye lately:
Mexican Turkey Bake by Eat.Drink.Love. - I have been looking for more ways to use Quinoa, what a great idea!
Monkey Bread Muffins by Kitchenarian - Monkey bread is so good, but takes so long to make - little muffins?!  Perfect!
Pancit Bihon by That's so Michelle - Never had Traditional Filipino food, this sounds good!
Peanut Butter Cup Truffle Brownies by Tracey's Culinary Adventures - Oh my word, amazing!
Cinnamon Caramel Blondies by The Baker Chick - These look perfect!  Cinnamon and Caramel all in one!

Have a safe and happy Labor Day!

16 Comments:

At September 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Please send some of that cooler air our way!!! I've had trouble keeping up with blogging, too...nice to have a long holiday weekend! Great round up...looks like I missed a couple of your yummy posts~

 
At September 3, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

Loads of good stuff in this round up!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Anonymous Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum said...

Love that you included Pancit Bihon! My siblings are Filipino so we love a good dish of pancit!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

I loved that polenta! And now i'll have to check out those caramel blondies...sounds amazing! Buzzed :)

 
At September 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous redkathy said...

Nice round up, thanks for sharing. Honestly, your S'mores cookie bars are my favorite this week!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

Great roundup and it is nice to see a bigger variety of food on your blog! This week has been hectic week and I do need a breather, so the long weekend is welcome.

 
At September 3, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

I'm still drooling over those cake balls!! Thanks for the mention, let me know if you ever decide to give Mexican turkey bake a try!! :)

 
At September 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Claire said...

I really enjoyed your foccacia and smores bar posts. Your photos and recipes always make me so hungry! :)

 
At September 3, 2011 at 6:59 PM , Anonymous Eileen said...

You've been a busy girl. Looks like some awesome recipes to try!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Anonymous claudia @Whats Cookin said...

Wow busy girl! Everything looks great, have a wonderful weekend I will be thinking of all your food! I have to work the next three days!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 11:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific round-up! The pancit was a favorite of mine this week, too! You had one heck of a week!

 
At September 4, 2011 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Great round up. Lots of yumminess there. Hope you have a fab long weekend.

 
At September 4, 2011 at 7:19 AM , Anonymous Lauren at Keep It Sweet said...

I'm glad things are going to calm down for you! I have also been so busy this summer. Great round-up for the week!

 
At September 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Christina @ Still Lucky said...

I loved your focaccia bread, I featured it in my round up!

 
At September 4, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Have a wonderful long weekend and enjoy your cooler temps. It looks like we'll be having a very unwelcome guest Tropical Storm Lee, on top of us through Tuesday or so. Might be time to build a boat.

 
At September 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ya! I'm finding it difficult keeping up too! You had some great recipes this week :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home