This Page

has been moved to new address

Hyderabadi Biryani

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Hyderabadi Biryani

Monday, August 29, 2011

Hyderabadi Biryani



This has been a crazy busy week and weekend!  I haven't even turned on the computer in the last 3 days!  The start of this week does not look any better, but hopefully by Wed I will be back to normal.  At least that is what I keep telling myself!  But there is an end in site, so that is good.

So what do you do when you are so busy?  Do you rely on takeout, frozen meals, cereal?  What?  I try to plan ahead for the week, so even in busy times I have a plan and can still eat real food.  But I do rely on some convenience items.  That is not a bad thing either!

This is one convenience item that I LOVE!  It is quick and easy, but it is amazing.  The brand Kitchens of India sells premixed season pastes for a variety of Curry and other Indian dishes.  We love them!  They are authentic in flavor, without all the work.  We have tried the Butter Chicken Curry, Chicken Curry and the Hyderabadi Biryani.  All 3 of them are truly wonderful, and we eat them even when we are not in a rush!

This one is the Hyderabadi Biryani.  You mix in some lemon curd, so it has some sweet and tart and spice.  Cook up some rice, and you have an excellent dinner.  You could even get some store bought Naan bread and have a full Indian dinner!

Hope you had a great weekend!  Hopefully I will be catching up on blogs by the end of the week!


Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

At August 29, 2011 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have to admit that sometimes I cut a corner or two for time's sake. Last night I used boxed scalloped potatoes (hanging my head in shame). Your chicken looks so much better than our potatoes, and probably tasted better too.

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

I'm all for convenience dishes. This looks very flavorful and spicy. : )

 
At August 29, 2011 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

I've been so close to posting review of food stuff we've eaten over the past few weeks but I can't even seem to do that. I got out of my cooking/blogging rhythm and getting back into it is not so easy.

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Anonymous Reem | Simply Reem said...

Looks delicious, I am a total game for easy and fast dishes...

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

What a delicious and interesting dish! This looks amazing and the flavors are incredible! :)

 
At August 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just had Biryani a few weeks ago for the first time and loved it. I got the impression that it's a dish that probably has lots of componets, so I love that you found such a great looking shortcut!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Alexandra said...

I'm all about the quick fix these days...I just can't catch up. This looks yummy, and different from the usual. Will definitely give it a try! Thanks!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 11:05 AM , Anonymous Alyce said...

Great tip! I am going to look for this brand. My cheater tip is microwave steam in the bag brocoli florets. My kids love it, believe it or not. Thanks for stopping by my site!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous Kristy said...

Yep - quick fix is often necessary. I find it especially needed at the beginning and end of the school year. Crazy times.

 
At August 29, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Rescie said...

Thank you so much for that info. I'm temporially sharing a kitchen so I can't take up too much time in the kitchen and miss my Indian (and Asian) dishes so that info will be put to great use).

 
At August 29, 2011 at 2:14 PM , Anonymous kitchenarian said...

I will be looking for these sauces next time I am in the grocery store. Hope things calm down for you soon!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous claire @ the realistic nutritionist said...

This looks great!!! What a delicious mix of sauces!!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I had no idea what that title meant, but this dish sounds/looks delicious! I'm all about quick fix meals. :)

 
At August 29, 2011 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

LOL Was looking for the recipe, then realized what you did. ;)

 
At August 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anne@frommysweetheart said...

Wow..this looks so good! And I love the addition of lemon curd. It must give it a sweet little tang! : )

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Neha said...

This looks delicious! Must try it sometime

 
At August 29, 2011 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

I really like curry but don't make it very often. I will look for those seasoning mixes, they sound perfect. Hope you can catch your breath soon!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're busy, you're busy...sometimes life gets in the way for all of us!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

I agree, nothing wrong with using those mixes. Sometimes its a fortune to buy all the spices and ingredients for various cuisines too!! I gotta give these a try!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Mythreyi said...

Looks very good.. You can even mix the curry with rice and let it sit in the oven on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, so that all the flavor will get infused to the rice...

-Mythreyi
Yum! Yum! Yum!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Holly Henry said...

Looks yummy and even better - easy! I'll have to give this a try :)

 
At August 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

Woah, lemon curd!?!?!? That sounds awesome!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

I say cheat when you need to and don't worry about it. Life first, blogging second. This looks incredibly tasty.

 
At August 31, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Anonymous kita said...

Lemon curd mixed in? Sounds awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home