This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 8/20/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 8/20/11

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week in Review 8/20/11

School started this week!  I now have a 1st grader.  Unfortunately after 2 days at school, he gets sick.  Hopefully this weekend he can get better!  Unfortunately his best friend is having his birthday party tomorrow, so he will miss out on that.  That is a little hard for a 6 year old to understand.  He will get there, it will just take some convincing on my part!


Here is what I was up to this week:
Potato Bread with Chives - My first Secret Recipe Club!  Light and Airy Potato Bread
Nutella No Bake Bars - No Bake Cookies Meet Nutella
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins - Your favorite sandwich in a muffin for a super secret SRC reveal
Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans - Tastemaker - Birdseye Steamfresh Chef Favorites review


Here are a few things I have bookmarked this week:
Cast Iron Skillet Potato Cake by My Catholic Kitchen - crispy potato side dish, sounds great!
Polpettine aka Meatballs by The Constant Hunger - I am a sucker for meatballs, and these look fabulous!
Orange Chipotle Ribs by Food is Love - I love saucy ribs! 
Flourless Chocolate Brownie Cookies by Creative Kitchen - These look fudgy and delicious!

Have a wonderful weekend!

21 Comments:

At August 20, 2011 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

Please pass over the nutella bars, I want it so badly.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 7:23 AM , Anonymous Ashley@bakerbynature said...

Oh my, orange chipotle ribs sound amazing!! Is that your son?! Too cute; hopefully he will be well very soon!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Taylor said...

What a yummy week!! I am still drooling over your no-bake nutella bars!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, phooey...my kids would also get sick within a week of school starting. Poor kiddo! Now I'm off to check out those brownie cookies..yum!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

Awe, looks like he was ready for the first day. And I hope you are getting caught up, I'm trying to!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Shelby said...

:( Hope he is better this weekend too! Great sounding recipe plan for the week! I really like the sound of the Orange Chipotle Ribs!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Rebecca @ A Dash of Thyme said...

That poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Anonymous Lauren at Keep It Sweet said...

So many new recipes to try! Hope you have a great weekend:-)

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

Great bookmarks! Gonna have to check out that chipotle number :) Sorry your itty bitty is sick, I'm sure you'll get him right as rain with some 'mommy food.'

 
At August 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM , Anonymous Kate@Diethood said...

Oh I hope the little guy is doing better!! Have a great weekend, Erin!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Anonymous Baking Serendipity said...

I always have huge goals and expectations for the new school year, and inevitably, get sick and lose sight of them within the first few weeks. Too many new germs at once. Hope your first grader is feeling better soon :)

 
At August 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous Emily @ Life on Food said...

I think I used to get sick the first week of school too. I hope he is feeling better soon. Too bad for the birthday party.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Deceptively Educational said...

You have to help me with the cast iron cooking. I have a skillet and desperately need more confidence using it!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Your little guy is so cute! I hope he feels better soon. You made some very yummy things this week!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Rita D K Simmons said...

I love these week in review posts, looks like you too had a busy week with school starting.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Aw, your poor little pumpkin. It's so hard at that age to understand missing a party. Hope he gets better soon.

Great week for you and wonderful picks. Have a great weekend!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

Oh I saw those meatballs over at The Constant Hunger earlier this week - definitely made my mouth water!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great week and congratulations on your first Secret Recipe Club post!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Anonymous Kristy said...

Sorry your little guy is sick. I forgot about that part of going back to school. Yuck! Not looking forward to that. Hope he's better soon. Have a good weekend. :)

 
At August 21, 2011 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Congrats on Top 9, and I hope your boy will get well soon. I know it's hard to tell the kids they can't go to a birthday party... :-(

 
At August 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your poor son, I hope he has recovered and won't feel too bad about missing that birthday party. Maybe the two of them can have a special day out to celebrate again to make up for him missing it? That was a great week you had last week, love your recipes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home