This Page

has been moved to new address

Kara-Age Chicken - Tastemaker

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Kara-Age Chicken - Tastemaker

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kara-Age Chicken - Tastemaker



I was so excited when I got home the other day and there were packages on my doorstep, that had my name on them!  Usually it is my husbands name on the boxes (he has a slight amazon addiction).  But I didn't order anything, what could it be?  Foodbuzz had sent me a box of Kikkoman Kara-Age Soy-Ginger Seasoned Coating Mix as part of the Tastemaker Program.  I am a huge fan of Kikkoman, I love soy and I love ginger, what could go wrong?! Kara-Age is a popular cooking technique in Japan.  Basically it is Japan's version of a Chicken Nugget.



Inside the box was 2 packets of the seasoning mix.  It was so simple to make.  You open the season mix, pour in a bag, add in your protein and shake!  Pan fry in oil, and you are done.  It was so good too!  I was very pleasantly surprised.  There was so much flavor in this.  The chicken stayed super moist and delicious.  I am hesitant sometimes with flavored breadcrumbs and other mixes, because I think they are bland and fall short.  This one definitely had the soy and ginger flavor bursting through.  I sprinkled with chopped cilantro, drizzled with a little lemon juice, and made a quick Ponzu sauce to dip the chicken in. Served with with a small green salad, and we had a great dinner.  Next time I might try to bake/broil the chicken to see if I can make it a little healthier. 

I didn't remember to take pictures of my Ponzu Sauce, but it was 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce, juice from 1/2 orange and 1/2 a lime, and a splash of rice vinegar.  It was the perfect tangy pairing for the chicken. 


**This post is part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program with Kikkoman.  The seasoning was provided through this program.  The opinions in this post are all my own.

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

At September 8, 2011 at 3:04 AM , Blogger garlutti said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 8, 2011 at 4:17 AM , Blogger Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Erin, you made Chicken Karaage!!! I didn't know Kikkoman has Karaage powder, they must sell it only in the US! My kids love Chicken Karaage so I make it often at home. I'm so happy to hear you liked the taste. p.s. homemade version is not that hard to make too. ;-)

 
At September 8, 2011 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

I have never heard of this... I must look for it this in the stores. PS.. my hubby has an amazon addiction too. :)

 
At September 8, 2011 at 6:21 AM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

This is the second post I have seen using this product, the more I see the more I want this product. Thanks for the sauce recipe and your chicken does inspire.

 
At September 8, 2011 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oooh, this sounds fabulous, Erin!!! Soy and ginger? How can you go wrong with those flavors? If I spot this product, I will give it a go :)

 
At September 8, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look great and I know my kids would go nuts over them. Thanks for sharing!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

Looks fabulous! Gotta love tastemaker swag :) Buzzed!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Anonymous redkathy said...

I wanna try this, looks delish! Bet the sauce pushed it over the top too. Gotta love the Tastemakers :)

 
At September 8, 2011 at 11:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of these but they look great! So enjoy tastemakers!
Mary

 
At September 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM , Anonymous claudia @Whats Cookin said...

great review will try looks great!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Victoria said...

Looks so easy and tasty! Love getting to try products like this :)

 
At September 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

We must be on the same Tastemaker course...I got this last week too and I plan on doing some chicken tonight. I'm glad to hear you liked it! I love soy and ginger so I can imagine that I'll love it too!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous claire @ the realistic nutritionist said...

Yum, sounds fabulous!!!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

I got a chance to try this a while back and was impressed with it as well! Your karaage looks great!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous The Farmers Wife said...

This looks so good girl! Don't you just love being a tastemaker?!? Great recipe!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Isn't it fun to come home to packages on the doorstep? Makes me HAPPEEEEEE! These look great, it sounds like a wonderful product.

 
At September 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm the same way when a package delivered is addressed to me. I get all giddy, haha. This meal sounds delicious!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 6:44 PM , Anonymous Eileen said...

Erin, This chicken sounds delicious. Too bad we didn't live closer - I'd stop by for dinner the next time you make it - lol!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

Great review and the chicken looks and sounds delicious! Its nice to know you all enjoyed it-- it sounds really good with the hints of soy and ginger, especially dipped in the Ponzu sauce. What a great meal!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review and it sure does look tasty! I'm with you - I like the flavors provided!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Alex said...

I love getting packages! got 2 books today!
this recipe looks great..I know it would be a hit in my house!

 
At September 9, 2011 at 12:15 AM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

I love kara age! So yummy- especially with a big squeeze of lemon.

 
At September 9, 2011 at 1:41 AM , Anonymous purabi naha said...

Soy and ginger are always a great combination! This pack really sounds very interesting!! You are so lucky to be a part of the tastemaker programme!! Congrats!

 
At September 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Haha, Erin - I can relate to boxes arriving without my name on 'em and I think my husband and yours have the same "slight" addiction.

Soy and ginger - usually I think of Teriyaki. Sounds nice. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home