This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 7/23/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 7/23/11

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week in Review 7/23/11

Another crazy busy week of summer done.  We are in Northern MN this weekend for a family reunion at my extended families cabin.  This has been a summer tradition since before I was born.  Looking forward to family, food, swimming, sun, boating, bonfire...all the good stuff!  I made lots of treats to take with me, so next week will probably be a sweet week for my blog!  Hope you stay cool and have a great weekend!


Here is what I was up to this week:
Spicy Asian Noodles with Chicken - Super easy, fast, delicious dinner!
Homemade Nutella - Chocolate hazelnut spread you can make at home!
Nutella Cupcakes - Chocolate cupcake filled with Nutella and topped with a Nutella Buttercream Frosting!
Nutella Ice Cream - my first guest post!
BLAT's - a small twist on a tradition BLT!

Here is what you were up to that I have bookmarked:
Beer Braised Carnitas by Lindselicious - these just look like Mexican heaven
Cinnamon Blondies by From Cupcakes to Caviar - this looks like the gooey center of a cinnamon roll in bar form!
Barbeque Chicken Burgers from Pass the Sushi - I love chicken burgers, this sounds delicious!
Flourless Chocolate Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake - this might be my all time favorite dessert, but I have never made it before!
Margarita Pizza on the Grill by Amy's Cooking Adventures - I can't wait to try this with my fresh tomatoes!

Enjoy your weekend!

16 Comments:

At July 23, 2011 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

I spotted those cinnamon blondies too and I'm thinking about making them today. I'm a fool for cinnamon!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

I'm all over your nutella craze this week :) Buzzed!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the line up! And I can see why you were following these blogs this week, awesome recipes. Thanks so much for sharing, have a great time with your family and enjoy your weekend! =]
-FreeSpiritEater

 
At July 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Anonymous kitchenarian said...

I am definitely making your Spicy Asian Noodles with Chicken and the Flourless Chocolate Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake. Thanks for a great list of cooking ideas this week!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

You're traveling as much as we are! SO hard to keep up with everything, isn't it! Great line up as always. Safe travels, my friend~

 
At July 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

You have a great time with the reunion Erin, will catch up soon.

 
At July 23, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous janet@cupcakestocaviar said...

Woohoo! I made the list. Now to be all nervous about how the recipe will turn out for people.... *bites fingernails...toenails...husbands fingernails....

 
At July 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM , Anonymous Baking Serendipity said...

I've been ridiculously busy this week and so seriously appreciate your line up this time around. How did I miss homemade Nutella?!? You are fantastic. Enjoy your week at the cabin!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 2:34 PM , Anonymous Tina @flourtrader said...

You have some great picks here and there is no question what to do with my nutella. Have a great time at the reunion!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous claudia lamascolo said...

Nutella I am in heaven!~

 
At July 23, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Maureen said...

Fantastic suggestions! Thanks!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 11:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your family reunion - it was a GREAT week!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Kimby said...

I really like your Week In Review feature! Also, your post reminded me of the many, many family vacations we spent "Up North" (as we referred to it, driving to northern MN from almost the Iowa border!) :) We looked forward to that every summer. Your family will never forget those memories! Thanks again for a great post.

 
At July 24, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!! :)

 
At July 24, 2011 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already commented but wanted to swing by again and let you know you have a food blog award to claim on my site! http://www.freespiriteater.com/2011/07/are-food-emotions-connected-blog-award.html Congratulations! =]

 
At July 25, 2011 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Hi Erin! Check out the blog award I gave you! xoxo
http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2011/07/balsamic-strawberry-bruschetta-and-blog.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home