This Page

has been moved to new address

Nutella Cupcakes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Nutella Cupcakes

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nutella Cupcakes



Yesterday I posted about Homemade Nutella.  It was delicious!  I doubled the recipe, because I knew I wanted to make something really good with it.  I wasn't sure what it would be, but after some careful thought, I decided cupcakes!  I actually had some cake batter in the freezer from back when I made Molten Lava Cake.  Perfect opportunity to use that up!  So I thawed that out, baked some cupcakes, filled them with Nutella, and then topped them with a Nutella Buttercream Frosting. 

Oh My Word!!  I don't really have words to describe this, it was just AMAZING!!  The frosting was so good!  My 6 year old and I just sat over the bowl of cake balls I scooped out, and dipped them in frosting!  I immediately called my neighbor and made her come over.  She had to sneak in so the kids didn't see that she got one and they didn't :)  My 6 year old is already asking when I can make them again! 

Nutella Cupcakes
Printable Recipe

Cake:
Adapted from Paula Deen

8 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
10 Tbls butter
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 eggs
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract


Frosting:
I used my normal frosting recipe, and just added Nutella

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbls milk
1/4 cup Nutella
1 - 1 1/2 cups powdered Sugar
To make the cake: 
Melt the chocolate and butter together.  You can use a double broiler, or the microwave.  Just get it nice and smooth.  Add the flour and sugar.  It will be very thick. Stir in the eggs, yolks, and vanilla until smooth.  Pour batter into muffin tins.  Will make approx 12 cupcakes. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Cool completely. 

To make the frosting:
Mix everything together until it is the consistency of frosting.  You may need to adjust the sugar or milk to get it right. 

Once the cupcakes are cool, use a teaspoon to scoop out the center.  Fill with Nutella.  Top with Nutella Buttercream Frosting. 


Labels: , , , ,

36 Comments:

At July 20, 2011 at 4:25 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

I have to agree with you on the amazing looking frosting with the cakes you have baked. Nutella inside is such a change to the normal ones always we choose.

 
At July 20, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Cafe Lula said...

Ahh, I love anything with Nutella in!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Deceptively Educational said...

That looks like sheer heaven!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I HAVE to make this sooooon..my kids LOVE nutella and so do I ..they are a dream come true

 
At July 20, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

Oh my gooooddddnesssss!! Yumtastic!! You just CANNOT go wrong with nutella cupcakes!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Good work that frosting looks as good as it sounds!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That does look fantastic. I'm cracking up at your neighbor's mom sneaking out for a treat that isn't shared with her kids. Classic. :)

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Nutella, the taste is so great, can't wait to try this.

 
At July 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like chocolate hazelnut heaven. Buzzed!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Anonymous veronica@mycatholickitchen.com said...

Am I sensing a nutella theme here? Not that I am complaining. You had me at nutella.

 
At July 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

These look crazy good! Just became a follower!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Holy cow why I have never thought to chocolatize my buttercream with nutella!!! You, my dear Erin, are a genius! These look fabulous!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

Yum, love this Nutella kick you are on, these sound great! I made a similar Nutella buttercream a few weeks ago, it was so delicious!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Roxana GreenGirl said...

Erin, these cupcakes look amazing. Love the Nutella frosting. Kudos to you for making your own.
I'm smiling imagining your neighbor sneaking out of the house to have a bite of these delicious cupcakes

 
At July 20, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I can just imagine how great these were. I mean, really, how can you go wrong, when it comes to nutella and cake?

 
At July 20, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger PFx said...

Can't go wrong with chocolate cake and nutella. If a kid doesn't like it, I suggest a DNA test. ;) Sweet playful recipe!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

These are fantastic Erin! You did an amazing job!! :)

 
At July 20, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! My hubby would love, love, love these! Beautiful, too!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM , Anonymous Kate@Diethood said...

How wrong would it be if I just licked my monitor... I know, TMI, but I am drooling over that cupcake!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous Anne@frommysweetheart said...

I am dying to make something with nutella! This just might fit the bill! Your frosting looks pretty! : )

 
At July 21, 2011 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

Yum! My kids love nutella (and you're so cool you made your own)! These cupcakes look like another winner, winner! Great Job!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Anonymous Lolly's Sweet Treat said...

These look fantastic! I'm a sucker for anything Nutella- this seems like a very versatile frosting recipe.

 
At July 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Heidi @ Food Doodles said...

Those look delicious! I love that you filled them with nutella and the frosting has nutella in it. Yum!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Harvesting for Life said...

This looks so amazing Erin... Just love it!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 11:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making Food Buzz's Top 9 with these amazing cupcakes!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This definitely deserves a Top 9 nod! I have been a proponent for a while now for Nutella to get its own category as a necessary food group!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Shari said...

These look amazing! Congrats on making it to the Top 9. I hope you don't mind but I went ahead and added your recipe (and gave credit of course) to my weekly Foodie Friday post where I feature bloggers and other recipes I have found throughout the week. The post should be up later today, definitely stop by and check it out. :)
http://chicagocuisinecritique.blogspot.com/search/label/Foodie%20Friday

 
At July 22, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Nutella and me - put us together. Dangerous! Love that stuff and these cup cakes sound over-the-top amazing! Congrats on Top 9 too. :)

 
At July 22, 2011 at 1:38 PM , Blogger briarrose said...

Perfection...I am totally drooling over these beauties.

 
At July 22, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Anonymous kita said...

What pretty little cupcakes! Totally adorable looking :D

 
At July 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous Happy When Not Hungry said...

Wow these cupcakes look amazing! Love anything with Nutella and especially homemade Nutella. Nice job!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Arlene Delloro said...

Decadent with a capital D. Wish I had one right now.

 
At July 24, 2011 at 2:59 AM , Blogger The Harried Cook said...

They look really, really good! Love the frosting... Thanks for sharing :) Wish I could have just one right now...

 
At July 24, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

Like your 6-year old, I'm also asking that you make them again... and please send some my way this time! :D

 
At August 1, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Chocolate & Chillies said...

Just saw your recipe on YBR. This look amazing....Great photography!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made these. It was sooooooooooooooooo chocolate-y. It was even too much chocolate for me! :-) But my friends loved them!!!! They took home the extras.

As for me, the choc-a-holic, I may never eat chocolate again. Well at least for a day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home