This Page

has been moved to new address

Chicken Tostadas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Chicken Tostadas

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chicken Tostadas



My husband said tonight that he thinks I have too many desserts and sweet things on my blog.  So today, I bring you a dinner recipe.  I have a couple of them to give you, I just haven't gotten around to it.  My dinner pictures are never very good, because I am just trying to get the food on the table quickly.  Husband and Son don't wait for food!  If we have leftovers, then I take my time after dinner to get a picture, but that doesn't always happen. 

We found this Cooking Light recipe last summer, and immediately fell in love.  It is so good!  It is great for summer too.  You can use leftover chicken, or a rotisserie chicken, and then you don't even need to cook anything!  It is a fun recipe for a party too.  You could just lay out all sorts of different toppings, and people could assemble their own.  Plus it is so colorful and pretty! 

Chicken Tostadas
Adapted from Cooking Light
Printable Recipe


Guacamole (I always make my own, but this one works well with this, so I followed it)
1 avocado, peeled
2 Tbls tomato, chopped
1 Tbls Onion, chopped
1 Tbls lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced

Pico De Gallo
1 cup tomato, chopped
2 Tbls onion, chopped
1 Tbls lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbls cilantro, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, chopped

Chicken
2 chicken breasts
garlic powder
onion powder
salt
pepper
chili powder
cumin
1 Tbls lime juice
paprika

8 (6 inch) corn tostada shells

Sprinkle both sides of chicken with all the seasonings except the lime and paprika.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

While chicken is cooking prepare the guacamole and pico de gallo. 

Guacamole - mash the avocado with a fork.  Add in all of the ingredients.  Stir until well combined.

Pico De Gallo - Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.  Toss well.

Shred the chicken using 2 forks.  Sprinkle paprika over all of the chicken, and add the lime juice.  Toss together. 

To serve spread guacamole across the tostada shell.  Top with chicken and then pico de gallo.  You can add anything else you like at this point.  Enjoy!

Labels: , , , , , ,

27 Comments:

At June 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM , Anonymous purabi naha said...

A very yummy recipe indeed...I have never made tostadas myself...shall try this recipe now!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 2:50 AM , Anonymous Maureen said...

I've only made tostadas once and it was a long time ago. I don't recall thinking it was orgasmic but your photos certainly look that way!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 6:21 AM , Anonymous Kimby said...

These look and sound flavorful!

P.S. Congrats on your macarons making Food Buzz's top nine today, too!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

This is great! I never make tostadas. I have way too many sweets on my blog too but they are just more fun to make, eat and photograph! Great post!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Hi Erin!! Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday, I am officially following you too!! This looks amazing, you are a very talented!!!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous Emily @ Life on Food said...

This looks delish! I wish I had clear definition of all the Mexican dishes, I am really not sure what the difference is between a enchilada, tostada, etc. I think they are all great though so I guess the name doesn't matter so much. Thanks for a dinner recipe but I sure love your desserts!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger The Country Cook said...

Haha, I know what you mean about just trying to get dinner on the table! And usually I'm trying to scarf down dinner because I gotta get to work after I eat so there is little time for pictures and no one wants to eat cold food! this sounds so scrumptious though. Love the chicken spices.

 
At June 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Anonymous Kate@Diethood said...

Noone wants to wait for dinner...that's why you don't see me posting too many of those! :) The tostadas look really good... the chicken sounds yummy!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I love cooking light..
their recipes are always bursting with flavor

 
At June 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous spcookiequeen said...

Erin, I just might have to agree with the hubs on the too many dessert thing. He he. This sounds really good, we love Mexican. Hope you have a great holiday weekend.
-Gina-

 
At June 30, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

A fresh and delicious looking meal. I think I might even eat this for breakfast!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Yummy! What an awesome summer meal!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

We love tostada's in this household! Now I think I might add this to our menu for the week! yum!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

This is my perfect summer dinner, Erin! YUM. My Mad about Macarons arrived today...hope I'm as successful as you with mine :)

 
At June 30, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

This looks like the perfect summer dinner! Love the photos too. I've been on a Mexican kick lately, I might have to add this into my rotation!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! I enjoy Cooking Light recipes and this one is a winner!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Janet@ from cupcakes to caviar said...

Yummy!! I think I heart you Erin :-P

 
At June 30, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Blogger wendyweekendgourmet said...

Yes, please! Love the idea of tostadas w/out beans...that's how they're always served here in SA, but I think this is much lighter and fresher for summer. Pinning to make for dinner one night soon...so fast w/roasted chicken from the grocery!!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Happy When Not Hungry said...

I love tostadas! These look amazing and perfect for summer. Yum!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 1:17 AM , Blogger FamilySpice said...

I love Mexican food, especially homemade! And seriously, there are way too many dessert blogs out there. I feel like I'm gaining weight just gazing at those sweet pictures!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 4:46 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

great recipe from the leftover food, thumbs up to you for doing this.

 
At July 1, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I am so guilty of posting too many sweets, but it's mostly because they are easier to photograph. Dinner usually needs to be on the table asap so I don't get a chance to take a pic before we eat!
Can I come to your house for dinner???

 
At July 1, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Erin, this looks so good! I have been on a Mexican kick because my hubby loves Mexican. I will have to add this to our menu :)

 
At July 1, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger ameanderingmango said...

Delicious! Looks like the perfect Mexican dinner - I have a craving and might have to make this tonight. Thanks for sharing!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Apron Appeal said...

Dinner is so hard to get on the table and get pictures taken too. Plus the sweet tuff always gets more hits - for me anyway

 
At July 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Anonymous Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes said...

Love this! My mouth is watering - looks so lovely and fresh - perfect for a summer supper.

Thanks for the lovely post and recipe!

 
At July 9, 2011 at 6:38 PM , Anonymous kita said...

Ive never had a tostada but I've always wanted to order one when we are out at a Mexican restaurant! I love (LOVE) Mexican food but we always make the same things here (tacos and enchiladas...). These tostadas sound great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home