This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 7/2/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 7/2/11

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week in Review 7/2/11

It is July already, where did the summer go?!  It isn't over yet, obviously, but June just went too quickly!  But with July comes fireworks, grilling out, family, friends, vacations, beaches, and all other fun things summer.  Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Thank you to everyone of you that buzzed my recipes over the last week.  I have made it into the Top 9 a number of times, and really can't thank you enough!  Just when I was beginning to think I would never make it, I am on a roll!  THANK YOU!!!

Here is a picture of last year on our trip to Colorado.  My son was 5 at the time, and we took him to the top of his first mountain.  It was over 12,000 feet, and about a 5 mile hike.  He was so proud at the top!  Hopefully this year we can get him to the top of another mountain!




So here is what I was up to this week:
Strawberry Crumb Bars - yummy strawberry bars with a streusel topping
Chocolate Peanut Butter Macarons - chocolate macaron with a peanut butter buttercream frosting
Strawberry Aqua Fresca - fruity and refreshing drink
Chicken Tostadas - quick, easy, and healthy Mexican dinner
Strawberry Sorbet - refreshing frozen strawberry treat

Here is what you did that I can't wait to try:
Chocolate Yogurt Muffin by Kitchenarian - these just sound wonderful, and we love muffins!
Penne with Sausage and Tomatos by That Skinny Chick Can Bake - can't wait for my tomatoes and rosemary come in to try this!
Italian Avocado Fries by What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine - Really?  You can fry an avocado!
Better than Crack Brownies by Blog is New Black - I think the name says it all!
Homemade Cheez-Its by In Katrina's Kitchen - I could make my sons favorite snack at home!

Happy 4th of July!

6 Comments:

At July 2, 2011 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Dreams of cakes said...

Thanks for gathering all theses recipes together.

 
At July 2, 2011 at 6:42 AM , Anonymous Maureen said...

I bookmarked most of these recipes myself! Great minds.

 
At July 2, 2011 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

You should take a very satisfying bow for your recipes this week. I think you made Top 9 everyday (including today). Your recipes speak for themselves so that's why they have been so enjoyed by your fellow foodbuzz friends. I know I have enjoyed them. : ) Have a great 4th
of July weekend! ~ Ramona

 
At July 2, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous Kate @ Kate from Scratch said...

Love the recipes! Super cute photo.

BTW..you won the giveaway for "vegan Family Meals" Stop by to check it out! :)

 
At July 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM , Anonymous redkathy said...

You know I love your sorbet and only wish I had an ice cream maker to try that recipe. And those avocado fries that Claudia served up are truly awesome, great roundup!

 
At July 4, 2011 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

great recipes Erin and you have such a adorable kid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home