This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review 7/16/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Week in Review 7/16/11

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week in Review 7/16/11

Another week of summer is gone :(  At least we made it to the pool this week, that is a plus.  It is hard getting back from vacation though...the laundry, the grocery shopping, the work, the cleaning, just getting back into your normal routine.  But I think we are back!

I have some great recipes lined up for you next week, that I can't wait to share. And I have an award I need to recognize and pass on.  I have been procrastinating too long on posting it.  In the meantime I have a great lineup for you below!

Here is a picture from our trip.  The amount of snow was just crazy!  This was a crazy area we had to walk over on the trail (yes that is water under there)!



What I was up to this week:
Strawberry Raspberry Jelly - Great combination of berries for a thick jelly!
Creamy Avocado Pasta - My new favorite pasta!  Creamy, healthy, and super easy!
Chocolate Hazelnut Pie - What is better than chocolate and hazelnuts?

What you were up to that caught my eye:
Iced Marshmallow Hot Chocolate by Baking Serendipity - this just sounds so fun and yummy!
Sweet and Spicy Braised Short Ribs by Four Pointe Foodie - love ribs, these just sound delicious!
Candy Shop Ice Cream Cake by Family Spice - This is just so cool, I want my birthday to be next week!
English Muffins by Elinluv's Sweet Delights - I LOVE english muffins, who knew you could make your own?
Herb Spaetzel with Shallot Thyme Butter by The Weekend Gourmet - I want this tonight, sounds wonderful!

15 Comments:

At July 16, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know it's always difficult to get back into the swing coming home from vacation - I LOVE your lineup - sounds great!
Mary :)

 
At July 16, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous purabi naha said...

This picture! Such snow, OMG! Water underneath! I have never seen snow in my life, you know.
Shall be waiting to read your recipes next week!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Anonymous Kate@Diethood said...

I looooove that chocolate hazelnut pie! Delish! I haven't had a chance to comment all week - very sick :( - but I have been reading and drooling! :)

 
At July 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had a great line up last week - as always! I look forward to every delicious entry! I know catching up from vacation is hard, but I'm glad you're back!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 3:35 PM , Blogger wendyweekendgourmet said...

Thanks for the shout out for my spaetzle! I hope you make it soon and let me know how you like it. I'm going to make a double batch and freeze half next time. Then I can thaw and brown just before serving...have a lovely weekend!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Chef Dennis Littley said...

You had a great week, I can't wait to see what you come up with for us next week!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

Absolutely NOTHING is better than chocolate and hazelnuts! (Except maybe chocolate and peanut butter :D).

 
At July 16, 2011 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

You were gone a week, then we were gone a week! So hard to keep up with all my favorite bloggers. Thanks for the week in review :)

 
At July 16, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

What a great round up of recipes love it!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love getting back from vacation just so I can get back into my kitchen! Looking forward to what you have up for us next week :)

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice collection of recipes, thanks for sharing!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

You have a great collection of recipes, looking forward for more, take care.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

Great week! That creamy avocado pasta is totally dreamy :)

 
At July 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM , Anonymous Kate from Scratch said...

Congrats on another Top 9! I hope your return is a smooth one....I am never a fan of laundry...nor grocery shopping. Farmers markets.. yes...grocery shopping..hm.. not so much. Glad you had a fantastic vacation!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Steph said...

Love this little round up section!! Can't wait to see what's on your menu for this week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home