This Page

has been moved to new address

Strawberry Sorbet

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Strawberry Sorbet

Friday, July 1, 2011

Strawberry Sorbet



I will leave you with one last strawberry recipe this week.  Then I am off on vacation.  Stay tuned for some great guest posts though!

This has to be one of my favorite Strawberry recipes so far.  I don't know why, but it is just so good.  I have never been a huge fan of sorbet.  Nothing against it, but if I am going to eat something cold with a spoon like that, why not go for ice cream.  But as you know I had tons of strawberries, and my son liked sherbert at school this year, so why not give it a whirl.  So glad I did.

All of the recipes I found wanted lemon with the strawberries.  I didn't have any lemon, but I did have a lime.  And I really like strawberry and lime together - so I went for it.  I think it is what really made it over the top good!

Strawberry Sorbet
Printable Recipe

1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbls lime juice

Mix the strawberries and sugar together.  Let them sit for about an hour to get all juicy.  Stir in the lime juice.  Puree the strawberries in the food processor or blender until nice and smooth.  Pour into your ice cream maker, and allow to churn for 20-25 minutes, according to the instructions.  Put in an air tight container to freeze.  Makes 1 1/2 quarts.

Labels: , , ,

26 Comments:

At July 1, 2011 at 2:13 AM , Anonymous claudia lamascolo said...

This color of the sorbet is magnificient have a great vacation!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 2:17 AM , Anonymous Maureen said...

how beautiful!

Have a wonderful holiday!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 2:52 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

Ooh! Great minds think alike - well, similar anyway! I have a granita on my blog. Your sorbet looks wonderful - the colour is so vibrant!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 4:45 AM , Blogger Nava K said...

my god, I simply wish I can taste this beautiful sorbet.

 
At July 1, 2011 at 5:10 AM , Blogger PFx said...

That is a shining colourful sorbet cooling away the summer. Without the zest, lime and lemon are identical I think.
Have a great vacation!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 5:23 AM , Anonymous Manu said...

Such an easy recipe for a great looking sorbet! I should try and make it! It looks wonderful! Have fun on your holiday!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 5:34 AM , Blogger annabanana said...

Wow! Beautiful colour! Must get an ice cream maker soon before the warm months come in.

 
At July 1, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

Oooh! Great switch up with the lime juice. Makes me think of a frozen strawberry limeade! Yum! Have a great holiday :) Buzzed

 
At July 1, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Anonymous Happy When Not Hungry said...

This sorbet looks gorgeous and I love how simple the recipe is too!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed your tribute to strawberries! And I especially love the idea of pairing lime with strawberry! Have an AWESOME vaca! Can't wait to hear about it!!!!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

You are on a roll, I just love your posts! Love sorbet too! :)

 
At July 1, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Ooo this sorbet is so pretty and I bet really refreshing on these hot days! Love this recipe!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Donna Elick said...

I am dying to get out and buy some delicious strawberries, how amazing!!!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 12:49 PM , Blogger briarrose said...

Wow the color.....this would be perfect for the holiday weekend.

 
At July 1, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

Wonderful pictures! I can practically taste the strawberry sorbet... Please send some!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at the color - so delicious - and so simple - great recipe
mary

 
At July 1, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Another winner - Congrats on the Top9!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Evelyne CulturEatz said...

Wow that is intense strawberry sorbet...no water added or anything. Looks gorgeous. Happy holidays!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Beautiful sorbet, Erin...so bright and refreshing! Have a great trip...looking forward to the guest posts :)

 
At July 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM , Blogger The Harried Cook said...

What a beautiful sorbet! I love that vibrant color :) I'm sure it tastes every bit as delicious and refreshing as it looks! :) Thanks for sharing! Have a great trip! :)

 
At July 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM , Anonymous Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

Sounds really refreshing! Have a wonderful vacation!

 
At July 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the color says it all!
so refreshing!
enjoy your vacation

 
At July 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Heavens. Talk about the look and flavor of summer. You've caught it in a cup. Enjoy vacationing!

 
At July 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Hester aka The Chef Doc said...

Ooh yay!!! Something else to put in my ice cream maker!!!

 
At July 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anne said...

How refreshing and what a beautiful color! Congrats on a very successful week! : )

 
At July 6, 2011 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Christi's Chirps said...

This looks AMAZING! I will definitely be making this soon! Thank you for sharing!

Cheers!
Christi

christischirps.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home