This Page

has been moved to new address

Chocolate Hazelnut Pie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Chocolate Hazelnut Pie

Friday, July 15, 2011

Chocolate Hazelnut Pie



Remember back when I made Pistachio Ice Cream?  I promised more recipes with the goodies that Oh! Nuts had sent me.  Well I think it is time to share this delicious pie that I made with the Hazelnuts and Almond Flour.  This recipe was adapted from Giada.  I love her, we are on a first name basis :)  Anyway, I saw her make this years ago, and printed the recipe right away. I have just never had Hazelnuts around to try making it.  So that was first on my list when OH! Nuts contacted me.

I didn't really have a reason to make this when I did, so we called our neighbors over at 3:00 in the afternoon for dessert.  It was a hit.  My friend absolutely loves hazelnuts, she could probably live off Nutella alone.  So I thought of her right away when I made this.  So glad they liked it!

Note - the original recipe uses all purpose flour, I just wanted to try my almond flour.

Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
Printable Recipe

Pie:
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup hazelnuts toasted
1/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup hot water
4 eggs
1 stick butter, cut into 3/4-inch pieces, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Whipped Cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat to 350 degrees F.

 
Put 1/2 of the chocolate chips, hazelnuts, and flour in the food processor. Pulse until the hazelnuts are coarsely chopped. Pour the nut mixture into a small bowl and set aside.



Combine remaining chocolate chips and sugar in the food processor. Blend until the mixture is finely ground. With the machine running, gradually add the hot water until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Add the eggs, butter, vanilla. Pulse until mixture is blended.



Return the hazelnut mixture to the food processor and pulse to incorporate. Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured 9-inch pie dish. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool for 1 hour in a cooling rack.  Refrigerate for 2 hours. Allow the pie to return to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.




While the pie is cooling you can make the cream.  In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream until it forms soft peaks. Add the powdered sugar, and vanilla. Continue to beat until cream holds stiff peaks.


Serve each slice with a dollop of Whipped Cream!



Labels: , , , ,

31 Comments:

At July 15, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger PFx said...

It is as sinful as a pie!
I wonder who ever invented Nutella, that person is a genius! It's nice to randomly call up neighbours to come and have some cake. So long as it's the 'space' variety (had that type of neighbour once...)

 
At July 15, 2011 at 7:52 AM , Anonymous Tina @flourtrader said...

Great choice of pie here. Nice crackly top with a moist fudgey center. I always load up on nuts when we go the grocers that have the bulk bins.
Ha-if we were neighbors I think food would have to be traded-no lack of dessert here!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

Oh man, that is a gorgeous and yummy looking pie!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh my gosh, this has no flour in it, I could easily adapt this to be low carb for me! Will be doing this VERY soon!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great recipe! Wonderful use of your Oh! Nuts :)

 
At July 15, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Gina said...

Erin,
This looks fabulous. Plus it has my favorite in it, Chocolate and Hazelnuts.
-Gina-

 
At July 15, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful Pie! I think if I kept enough in the house, my hubby would live off of Nutella on wheat bread...it's his favorite! I think I'm going to make this for his birthday...I'm also gonna buzz it!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Happy Friday to you too! This looks fantastic!! :)

 
At July 15, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Mal said...

Yum! This looks awesome!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

 
At July 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Christine's Pantry said...

Wow! Looks wonderful! Did you save me a piece? :-)

 
At July 15, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger briarrose said...

So good.....I would need a big slice...oh yes.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger wendyweekendgourmet said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I would eat a slice of that at 300 in the afternoon...or just about any time ;)!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

Wow, this sounds divine! I can't believe how few ingredients it has. Sounds so rich and decadent!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 10:08 PM , Anonymous Lindsey@Lindselicious said...

Oooh I can make this since I just recieved my box from Oh Nuts! and it had Almond Flour in it. =) Awesome!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 6:52 AM , Anonymous Maureen said...

I could eat a big old piece of this right now. I looks fabulous!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Vicki Bensinger said...

Oh my goodness, chocolate and hazelnuts that sounds heavenly. Tiara is great I agree with you.

It's great to be a stay at home mom. It's the best job in the world. Enjoy him while he's young. Mine are now 21 and 24 it goes by fast.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Vicki Bensinger said...

I. Hate when the phone thinks it knows what you're spelling. It should say Giada.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 12:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could easily live off nutella too!
I love this recipe..thank you for sharing

 
At July 17, 2011 at 3:36 AM , Blogger The Harried Cook said...

Oh yum! Chocolate and hazelnut are a match made in heaven... And this pie looks decadent & so delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

 
At July 17, 2011 at 4:22 AM , Blogger Sashquatch said...

Your friend sounds like a kindred spirit, if it was possible i would definitely be happy living off nutella :) ive banned myself from buying it temporarily as it was too dangerous to have around! Anyway, this basically means this pie would be utterly perfect, and if it tastes even half as good as it looks i would be a happy bunny :)

 
At July 17, 2011 at 5:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sinfully delicious! I love the almond flour adaptation, adds to the moist nuttiness. Congrats on Top 9!!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Dreams of cakes said...

This recipe definately will be bookmarked for a future reference. Very nice!!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks amazing, and congratulations on your Top 9!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Anonymous Anne said...

This is such a gorgeous pie, Erin! I love the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts! : )

 
At July 17, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts! This looks so delicious, thank you for sharing!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM , Anonymous Jackie said...

This certainly does look and sound delicious. I will have to try this recipe soon.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous Michelle (Health Food Lover) said...

Hi Erin, this looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Yummo!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Anonymous natalie said...

Hazelnuts and chocolate are one of my favorite combos--and completely underrated. This looks like a fantastic (and completely sinful) pie. Can't wait to try it!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 8:32 AM , Anonymous kita said...

What a beautiful pie. I would love to try a slice of this!

 
At August 19, 2011 at 12:20 PM , Anonymous Chocolate Delivery said...

Hi Erin, This is the perfect pie. I like baking with chocolate and am in love with hazelnuts. I will certainly try this one out soon.

 
At April 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It serves more purposes and it can not be destroyed or consumed physically.


Look at my website Flex belt reviews

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home