This Page

has been moved to new address

Muffins!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Muffins!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Muffins!




I am just so excited to have started a blog, I want to be in the kitchen all day! Today I couldn't help myself, I made a batch of muffins. I promise, not everything I post will be sweet, but what else can I make when no one else is home! Proof - tonight I am making Asian Turkey Burgers for dinner, so stay tuned!

I have a mild obsession with muffins. I currently have 4 types in the freezer. They are the perfect freezer staple! Put them in a ziploc bag, and they last for months. Take out one for breakfast and microwave for 30 seconds! Perfect for a busy morning before school. These muffins are a huge hit in our house. Even my husband who doesn't like muffins eats these. I have struggled to find a good muffin recipe for years. I finally found one that rivals the best bakery muffin out there.

Amazing Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. In a liquid measuring cup measure 1/3 cup of oil, then add the egg and enough milk to fill to the 1 cup mark.


I like to mix in the chocolate chips with the flour, before I add the liquids. I think this helps the chocolate chips not sink to the bottom. Mix in the liquids, and stir until just combined. Over mixing can cause your muffins to not come out like you want them to. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. I like to top with a few extra chocolate chips.....just because they taste good!


Bake for about 15 minutes. Check them often - these bake fast! When your house starts to smell really good, they are probably done.


I put them on a plate or a cooling rack and let them come to room temperature before I put them in the freezer. But eating one right away with the gooey, melty chocolate is a must!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous Kneady Sweetie said...

These are like chocolate chip cookies, but in muffin form I love it!

 
At April 30, 2011 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Erin said...

They really do taste like a chocolate chip cookie when they are fresh out of the oven. These are my all time favorite muffin!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home