This Page

has been moved to new address

Monterey Chicken (or Turkey)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts: Monterey Chicken (or Turkey)

Friday, November 25, 2011

Monterey Chicken (or Turkey)



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday!  We had a nice quiet day just our little family of 3.  It was close to 70 degrees in Colorado, and just a beautiful day.  I of course made way too much food, but how can you not on Thanksgiving!  I did buy the smallest turkey I could found, but even that was 13 pounds.  Needless to say we will be eating turkey for awhile! 

I made this chicken dish the other night,and it was really good.  You could easily use left over turkey for this and transform it into something completely new.  It was supposed to be topped with green onions (which would have been perfect), but I didn't have any.  Next time I am going use a few slices of real bacon to crumble on top, instead of the store bought ones.  I am sure with that and the green onions it will become a family favorite.  I promise, it tastes better than it looks!  I need to get the hang of taking pictures when it is completely black out!

Monterey Chicken or (Turkey)
Adapted from All the Simple Things
Printable Recipe

4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup Barbeque Sauce
1/4 cup  real bacon bits
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
Dash black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Pound out chicken breasts to about 1/2 in thick.  Season each side with black pepper. Cook chicken (grill, saute, bake) until no longer pink.  Put on a baking sheet covered in foil.  Top each chicken breast with about 1 Tbls barbeque sauce, 1/4 c cup cheese, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1 Tbls green onions and 1 Tbls of bacon bits. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. 

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

At November 25, 2011 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

Mmmm! That sounds delicious :) And the weather sounds lovely in Colorado. I hope you had a great first Thanksgiving in your new home!

 
At November 25, 2011 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Great idea for leftover turkey! Ours is going quickly, though! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving :)

 
At November 25, 2011 at 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It looks delicious and you certainly had a warm Thanksgiving! cheers!

 
At November 26, 2011 at 12:24 AM , Blogger Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Sounds like the perfect day, and the perfect way to use up the leftovers! Glad it worked out for you guys,
Take care....

 
At November 26, 2011 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

70 degrees... how fantastic. I'm glad you all had such a nice Thanksgiving together. I bet being together is something to be truly thankful about after being apart. This dish is wonderful... I agree bacon would be terrific too. YUM!

 
At November 26, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Kiri W. said...

Interesting! I've never heard of this dish, but it sounds great for leftovers :)

 
At November 26, 2011 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing Erin! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving =]

 
At November 26, 2011 at 3:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for great recipes like these - I'm begining to get sick of turkey - but this will be a winner with my girls - thanks!
mary x

 
At November 26, 2011 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Janet@FromCupcakesToCaviar said...

Erin, I feel ya on taking picture this time of year. I feel like I need to make my blog posts, even if they are dinner, by noon so that I have good light hehe,

But this sounds good no matter what!

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving :-)

 
At November 26, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

This looks tasty! I'm so glad you got to celebrate with your hubby!

 
At November 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Erin this looks delicious. Congrats on top 9! Hope your Thanksgiving was amazing!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 5:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great weeknight meal! I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger The Weekend Gourmet said...

I'm totally impressed that you were settled enough to make a full Thanksgiving spread! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving...and I've got a recipe or two to help you use up that leftover turkey if you need some ideas!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

This really sound fantastic! you did fantastic job as always! Have a happy Holidays!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Hooray for your Top 9!!!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Top 9 Erin!! Well done looks delicious! =]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home